Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    00dude Posts: 68, Reputation: 1

Jun 17, 2010, 02:34 AM
    Unexpected ex contact
    I had a bad time after my ex broke up with me a while ago now, and I am with my new girlfriend which is going great and I wouldn't want anything else, but the other day my ex sent me a message out the blue asking how I am so I said I was OK and asked her how she is and she put GREAT :) and that was it, we haven't spoke since xmas but this bothered me for some reason I thought I didn't care anymore, I don't really understand it or why she messaged me just to put that?
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Jun 17, 2010, 05:27 AM

Don't read too much into the message. It isn't uncommom for an ex to contact you just to see how you are doing. However, I think you should leave it like that and leave her in the past since this little contact with her have open upp a floodgate of feelings towards her.
    kctiger Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 1319
    Ultra Member

Jun 17, 2010, 06:36 AM

Let it go and enjoy your current life and girlfriend. She just stirred up old feelings. Handle them and move on.

Jun 18, 2010, 10:23 AM

I know just feels like she is trying to prove a point or summat
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 18, 2010, 01:38 PM

Or fishing for info, curious, bored, or just plain crazy. Don't speculate, or assume, just keep doing your own thing.

As you see it doesn't take much contact by an ex to stir up old feelings, or send you to some really out there thinking.

Jun 18, 2010, 01:55 PM

But why bother if she is with someone else and don't care about me why contact me or say things like that? Should I just ignore it all
    pandead Posts: 280, Reputation: 228

Jun 19, 2010, 08:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by 00dude View Post
    but why bother if she is with someone else and dont care about me why contact me or say things like that? should i just ignore it all

It's normal and healthy to remember your ex, or wonder what they are doing. I check out my ex-boyfriends' Facebook pages every once in a while. Though I wouldn't go contact them to tell them I'm doing "GREAT :)" especially after a painful breakup... most people wouldn't.

Keep moving on with your life. You didn't get any real explanation about the breakup, you probably won't get any now. When it hurts, we tend to think it's that pain in our heart because we may have feelings still and it makes us confused - most of the time it's our hurt ego talking. I would just ignore it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can my 2 yr. Old son, her brother,& I or anyone asked to move ,in be forced to move [ 2 Answers ]

My boyfriends sister asked myself,my 2 yr. old and her brother to move in with her because she was divorcing her husband & was afraid to stay there alone. Her husband broke in the house by smashing the glass on the inside kitchen door, the police were called and she went to court for an order of...

I can't move my left eye ball completely as I can move right so it looks bad [ 1 Answers ]

Doctor says musscle problem do u sugggest me... becose I'm actor

Want to move out of Texas with my children have not been served any papers can I move [ 2 Answers ]

Want to move out of Texas with my children have not been served any papers can I move

To move or not to move - Tub Drain [ 3 Answers ]

Hi there, I am installing a 72" soaker tub into a properly roughed in basement bathroom. The soaker tub's drain is not in the traditional spot and is positioned in the middle of the length of the bath. I have a 2" snub up located about 24-30" from where my tub drain will sit. Do I have to cut up...

View more questions Search