Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Jan 22, 2010, 03:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    I hate to say a discouraging word (:)) but "Pieeyes" has reddied everyone.

Sorry but it's not as flattering as it would appear.

Well, keep up the good work and someone else who is more credible will reddie you!
    The problem with that idea, Judy, is that means she would have to actually post something wrong. I've not seen any signs of that (well, no more than I show) yet.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jan 22, 2010, 05:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Catsmine View Post
    The problem with that idea, Judy, is that means she would have to actually post something wrong. I've not seen any signs of that (well, no more than I show) yet.

Well, agreed, she never has. That's why I told her to keep up the good work.

I find a LOT of reddies are given based on absolutely nothing so continuing to give right on answers, will guarantee a reddie.

Trust me -
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Jan 22, 2010, 05:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    Trust me -
    Harry Morgan moment - I do, implicitly. (Flight of Dragons)
    Sariss Posts: 1,471, Reputation: 244
    Ultra Member

Jan 22, 2010, 06:28 PM

Getting back on topic ( :P ) Yes, I find it irritating.
    I do understand that people don't want to go to the vet and pay the exam fee to find out nothing is wrong.
    But when your dog is limping or is throwing up for x amount of days, come on. It's common flipping sense.

Similar at work when someone calls us at 4:55pm on a Friday night because their dog hasn't eaten and has been vomitting since Monday and NOW its an emergency suddenly.

Maybe vet costs wouldn't be so high if people would pay attention to their pets and get them the care they need, instead of making us technicians stay late to pay our outrageous salaries (/sarcasm)

Can't afford the vet? Don't get the pet. Worried about job loss? That's what pet insurance is for. And if you don't have it - ask your vet for a payment plan. If you have a good relationship with your vet (ie pay regular bills, keep animals up to date etc) like you SHOULD, they will more than likely do it for you.
    Sariss Posts: 1,471, Reputation: 244
    Ultra Member

Jan 22, 2010, 07:10 PM

I'm glad someone agrees. It's not like we wouldn't love to give payment plans to everyone, it hurts us a tonne when we have to deny someone because they can't afford it and are shady with outstanding balances at other local clinics. It sucks, it really does.. but we have bills to pay too, and it's flipping expensive to run an animal hospital..
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Jan 22, 2010, 08:12 PM

At our vet there is a sign on the counter that say "All accounts must be payed on the day due to increasing bankruptcies - we are sorry for the inconvenience"

Our vet is situated on the 'bad' side of the river. There are a lot of housing commission places (houses funded by the government) and generally a lot of bad eggs living here.
    The suburb I live in is considered 'ok' but there are still a lot of deadbeats.
    These people have taken a toll on our vets by not paying for treatment.

I personally can easily get a bill sent to me and pay it off because I have always done the right thing (that and my mom has been a client for 20 years)
    So basically if you do take your dog to the vet regularly and always pay your bills then when something bad and expensive happens they look more kindly on you.
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Jan 23, 2010, 06:42 AM

Exactly, I do understand that vet bills can get pretty costly, fast, depending on what the issue is. But that's the thing, people need to be prepared to pay the cost of having an animal. I think Altenweg said it best, if you can't afford a porche, buy a ford.
    And it's been said before, they have internet access, but can't afford a vet bill? I think it's sad that people can't "afford" to take care of their pets, but they can "afford" to stay home and look online for diagnoses.
    People want the best service for poor Muffy who has been bleeding all week, but they don't want to pay for it?
    My vet used to take personal cheques, even if they were dated a week or two in advance, they did this for as long as I have used them. Last week I went in there and (my obeidience classes are in the basement), a sign was hanging, stating that regretably they could no longer take personal cheques. It's sad, because I know I have post dated a cheque for a week in advance. But I know they would be willing to make up a payment plan for me if need be.

Thanks Judy and Catsmine :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

View more questions Search