Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    juskriz Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2010, 06:48 PM
    My camry brake caliper bushings will not go all the way in
    I am replacing front right brake caliper on 99 camary the bushings metal end into mount will not go in flush
    kitch428 Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Jan 21, 2010, 07:14 PM

If you mean the slide pins, then you need to heat them up, and replace the pins and dust boots.
    The easiest way out of this situation is just go to AZ and buy a loaded reman caliper. It comes complete. Take your old one with you for a core.
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Jan 21, 2010, 09:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kitch428 View Post
    if you mean the slide pins, then you need to heat them up, and replace the pins and dust boots.
    The easiest way out of this situation is just go to AZ and buy a loaded reman caliper. It comes complete. Take your old one with you for a core.
    Very good idea!

This will ensure confident, even braking. Very important during busy traffic situations, whether you drive in that stuff every day or only once a month. Positive, confident braking cannot be underrated.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Changed 2000 camry brake light switch, but still will not shift and no brake lights [ 1 Answers ]

My sons 2000 Camry stopped shifting, no brake lights and no cruise control. I changed out the brake light switch, but it still does not work? Any ideas, please. Thanks

Brake pads and caliper for 93 accord [ 2 Answers ]

I am attempting (first time) to replace brake pads on the rear of my 93 honda accord. I got everything off and it seems pretty straight forward. My problem is I can get the caliper piston retracted. I have tried turning it with a pair of needle nose pliers and I have tried a big c-clamp. The...

Brake Caliper sticking [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 99 Lexus LX470. I returned home from a long trip and noticed a terrible scraping on the left rear rotor, even without the brakes applied. I took off the caliper and noticed the outer one was like new and the inner one was completely gone. I put new pads on and started to work the next day...

2006 Honda Civic.Can't collapse brake caliper [ 3 Answers ]

I'm replacing the front brake pads on a 2006 Civic. I did the right side, no problem. When I tried to collapse the piston on the left side, it will not budge. Any ideas?

Brake fluid leak- master cylinder or caliper? [ 1 Answers ]

First, my Honda Accord is a 1987 and has seen about 300,000 miles. It is slowly leaking break fluid, because about every two weeks the brake light comes on and I have to put in more fluid. I have looked at it, and the front right caliper is damp with brake fluid so I am replacing that caliper. I am...

View more questions Search