Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dred3213 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2006, 04:30 PM
    Hydrocodone - ordering online
    I started buying a couple pills off a buddy, then as I got hooked he started upping the prices. I am spending about $75 a day for 10 pills from him, which is absolutely outrageous. I have no idea how he keeps getitng them but I decided to look online toi see if I could get them there instead.

My back pain really puts a kink in my life when I don't have the pills so I don't really have any options, but no doctors will say my back pain is bad enough to write a script for vicodin - so I can't go through the online pharmacies that want extremely detailed records.

I am considering trying and seeing how it goes with them. They are pretty expensive but will still save me at least 50% of what I am paying now and I won't be filling some lame street drug dealer's pockers who is profiting off my pain.

Has anyone else used mdease.com or have any suggestions on using online pharmacies ?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 19, 2006, 04:56 PM
    There was a TV special about online pharmacies out of Nashville. It was one of those TV investigations.

They ordered various drugs form various online pharmacies and it was about 20 percent that was actually what it was suppose to be.
    Many were the same drugs but in very weak amounts, but a lot were just something else with no real medication.

And even from the company that gave them the right medication on one, on another it was not. Most of the drugs are coming from third world nations with no quality control and no recourse for selling you fake medication.

Next of course buying them from a "buddy" is called buying illegal drugs and is illegal.

Do a Yahoo web search for mdease.com and you will find them listed on some forums, and there was no positive rating for them at all.

Most terms to describe them was scam, front for LE and it sort of went down from there to things that can not be printed on this forum.

The other comments was that there prices were a lot higher than normal street prices, and a lot higher than even going to your local doctor and getting a precription at walmart.

So you have back pain, go to a local doctor, get your own prescription and it will be much cheaper and legal.
    dred3213 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2006, 05:43 PM
    Chuck I did a search like you mentioned ? Can you tell me where it shows they are a front for LE or anything negative about them (short of the insane prices)...

What I saw on that forum was that people were ing about the price, one person got their order and the other person cancelled their order. I didn't see anything about them being a rip off or being involved with LE though.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 19, 2006, 06:52 PM
    I did a simple search there were dozens of posts, many were saying things like I said, And from TV shows the entire industry of mail order drugs are to be suspious of.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 19, 2006, 07:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck
    Next of course buying them from a "buddy" is called buying illegal drugs and is illegal.
    The good Fr is correct in this and it is a federal offense. Your "buddy" can go to the federal pen for this.

From what I am reading it sounds as though you may have an addiction of sorts.

Believe me, I understand pain and have been through it myself, cancer.. bilateral mastectomy... the whole gamut. But you have to have time off the meds for your body to recover.

When buying meds off the internet you do not know what you are getting as this is not regulated.

For all you know, you could be getting aresenic from a crazy old lady in spain.

Please be aware that this is a VERY dangerous idea and I would hate to find out that you have become a statistic.
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Nov 19, 2006, 07:36 PM
    I have been taking Hydrocodone for many years. I take three a day and after a few months I feel like I am eating candy to relieve pain so I don't take them for a couple of weeks, although the pain is almost unbearable I can get along and I can work. Then I start taking the pills again and I can get by on one a day for a while and then two and then finally back up to three again but this process takes about a year to take place. So if you could stand the pain for that two or three week period you would get much more relief when you started back.
    jennalynn1969 Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Dec 8, 2008, 02:32 PM

I would check on the DEA website I believe ordering meds off the internet that are addictive or have the potential for abuse is illegal. They have a list there that tells you what the penality can be for you if caught. I used to order Ambien online until last month when an order was stopped in customs and I got a letter stateing that the only way the order would be shipped is if I had a DEA number ( this is the number that your DR. writes on some prescriptions) the number and the name hae to match so do not even think of using this number if you would get a letter or to order your own meds from a local pharmacy) YOU WILL BE CAUGHT and the more you have done will increase any sentence. Just in case you do not know what DEA stands for it is "drug enforcment agency". Their website will give you specific info. Sounds like you may be addicted and you need more help then vicodin can give you
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Dec 8, 2008, 03:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jennalynn1969 View Post
    I would check on the DEA website I believe ordering meds off the internet that are addictive or have the potential for abuse is illegal. They have a list there that tells you what the penality can be for you if caught. I used to order Ambien online until last month when an order was stopped in customs and I got a letter stateing that the only way the order would be shipped is if I had a DEA number ( this is the number that your DR. writes on some prescriptions) the number and the name hae to match so do not even think of using this number if you would get a letter or to order your own meds from a local pharmacy) YOU WILL BE CAUGHT and the more you have done will increase any sentance. Just in case you do not know what DEA stands for it is "drug enforcment agency". thier website will give you specific info. sounds like you may be addicted and you need more help then vicodin can give you

This post is from November 2006 and has long been dead.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Online gaming [ 10 Answers ]

Just so I'm aware Between myself and my son we enjoy online gaming and I was wondering if there are any games that cost money to play?

Online degrees [ 2 Answers ]

Hello I'm new to this site... I'm wondering if anyone knows about a good online accredited college or university?. I'm interested in the medical field.

Online issue [ 2 Answers ]

Hello: I recently ordered cable and internet services from Charter Communications and used online chat service in the process. It was a "Winter Bundle" and I was supposed to get the complete package installed free of charge. I am pasting a part of the transcript that was later sent to my...

Online Books [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, Could any one please give me the free online books for c programming

Having trouble ordering Pay Per View through DirectTV since ordering Yahoo dsl [ 1 Answers ]

Recently, I started using yahoo's DSL service. In my home, on all my tv's, I use wireless phone jacks so I can order PayPerView. I used all the phone filters, even on the tranmitter base for the wireless phone jack. I am still unable to order PPV through direct TV unless I physically call them...

View more questions Search