Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    David442 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2010, 03:01 PM
    Do I need a license to deliver furniture from the store to customers house?
    I want to deliver furniture from the store to the customers house. Do I need a license to do this service for the customer?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jan 21, 2010, 03:06 PM
    Hi, David442!

Has the store from where you're delivering furniture informed you of the requirements that you need to meet in order to do work for them, please?

I'm assuming that you're working for some kind of furniture store. Are you?

Thanks!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 21, 2010, 06:58 PM

Drivers license, the type will depend on the size of the truck you are driving.

If you are not an employee but a contractor, the store will normally require certain levels of insurance.
    They may also require bonding or liablity insurance

Jan 21, 2010, 11:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough View Post
    Hi, David442!

Has the store from where you're delivering furniture informed you of the requirements that you need to meet in order to do work for them, please?

I'm assuming that you're working for some kind of furniture store. Are you?

Thanks!
    Hi, Clough

I would be an independent driver with my own van. Is there some type of business license that is required to do this type of work.

Thanks!

Jan 21, 2010, 11:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    Drivers license, the type will depend on the size of the truck you are driving.

If you are not an employee but a contractor, the store will normally require certain levels of insurance.
    They may also require bonding or liablity insurnace
    Fr_Chuck,

I'm inquiring about a business license that might be required to do this type of work. Do you know of any business licensing required for independent drivers using a personal van?

Thanks

David442
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jan 22, 2010, 03:15 PM
    You might be required to be licensed to do that kind of work. However, finding out about whether you need licensing or not would be something that you would need to ask from city officials where you'll be doing the deliveries.

Thanks!

Jan 22, 2010, 08:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough View Post
    You might be required to be licensed to do that kind of work. However, finding out about whether you need licensing or not would be something that you would need to ask from city officials where you'll be doing the deliveries.

Thanks!
    Clough,
    Thank you for your help. :)

David442

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What's the best online store to buy home furniture? [ 6 Answers ]

Buying furniture can be a daunting and laborious task. However, with the advent of online shopping it does not have to be painful and we can I find some good deals compare to in store shopping. Well, I am planning to buy some new furniture for my home. Just wondering the best online store for home...

Discontinued furniture colors from current in-store lines [ 3 Answers ]

I have no idea what topic to ask this question from. If this isn't the right one, please email me with help on where to go. Where can I find a discontinued color on an item bought from Rooms to Go. I am looking for the Cindy Crawford Metropolis leather armless loveseat in what they called "pale...

Need to sell furniture to person/store without posting info to the classifides [ 6 Answers ]

I need to sell my grandmother's furniture asap. I thought I could locate a business that would buy old furniture, in a good condition, but I have been unsuccessful. I don't mind selling directly to an individual, but that seems so much harder. I've surfed the Internet and asked several friends,...

Furniture Store Rip Off [ 4 Answers ]

My wife and I ordered a Dining Room Table Set for $1800. We were told it fit 8 people and purchased 8 chairs. When it arrived, we realized it was a 4-6 person table and too small for the 8 chairs. We have called to try to talk to the manager. But they claim he has been out. It's been two weeks of...

View more questions Search