Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Haylee95 Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2010, 02:05 PM
    Good things about piercings
    Ohkaii my mom and I were talking the other day and I told her how I wanted to get my tongue pierced. She said "No,it's cheesy and it will look unpreftional when i'm older and want to get a job." I told her that its my body and isn't it my choice if I want it done? But it didn't help change her mind. Does anyone know what would help change her mind? Also its not like I'm asking to get it done now when I'm only 14 I said I didn't want it done till I was at least 16-17!!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 21, 2010, 02:14 PM
    We are not going to help you change your mother's mind. She has her reasons for not wanting you to get this done. Accept that until you are 18 and you can do it on yourself.

Jan 21, 2010, 02:23 PM

Umm her only reason is because she things its unapealing. Its my body and its my mouth that its going to be in, she wouldn't even have to see it! And she let my sister get hers don wehen she was 16-17 and I don't want to get it done until I'm at least 16-17!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 21, 2010, 02:25 PM
    Then wait and ask her again when you are 16-17.

Jan 21, 2010, 02:32 PM

Ik. Im trying to be resonsible and not get it done behind her back n all that non sense. I told her when I want it done,that I would pay for it with my own money,n I would take care of it! But I don't know she's sayn no before I can even talk to her about it. I mean my sister,cousin x3 all have it done what so different about me?
    chocodrip Posts: 66, Reputation: 4

Jan 28, 2010, 10:46 AM

Haylee, what your mother is telling is absolutely right. I know that it is wrong for people to judge you based on the way you look, dress, etc. But unfortunately it is how the world is. If you are going for an interview for a professional job and there are fifty girls there, chances are that they'll pick the neatly dressed girl and not you who has metal on your tongue. But if you still want to do it, then wait.
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Feb 3, 2010, 04:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Haylee95 View Post
    I mean my sister,cousin x3 all have it done what so different about me??
    Your mom doesn't want you to look like a little skank.
    I don't dislike tongue piercing at all... on people OVER the age of 18.
    Anyone under 18 who has a tongue piercing all I think is "wow... little tart" or "wow, her parents must not care about her to let her get that done"

I know a girl who is now 15... she has countless tattoos, dozens of piercings and a few months back, she just had her first baby...
    Yeah, real classy.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Feb 11, 2010, 06:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Haylee95 View Post
    Ik. Im trying to be resonsible and not get it done behind her back n all that non sense. I told her when i want it done,that i would pay for it with my own money,n i would take care of it! But idk shes sayn no before i can even talk to her about it. I mean my sister,cousin x3 all have it done what so different about me??
    If they decided it was a good idea to prostitute themselves on the street would that mean you should too?

I agree with the above people. When you turn 18, have a job and are paying your own rent and fully supporting yourself ( not living off them like now) then it would be considered reasonible to do what you want.

Basically it boils down to this... while you are under their roof, you live by their rules. When you are under your own roof then you can play by your rules.

And incidentally... while I like certain body piercings... I think ANY facial (including tongue) piercings looks low class.
    Cheeze_Babe56 Posts: 19, Reputation: 2

Nov 29, 2011, 03:35 PM
    Here is something I wrote for a persuasive class. It may help...

Earrings, tongue rings and pierced eyebrows, who hasn't thought about getting then, right? If you ask someone why they have such things they will most likely give you a reason, like because of culture, strength or just beauty.
    One reason to get a piercing is to show how much your body can handle: in other words, you can treat them like a weakness or strength. Like when getting a broken bone or a cut, you have to learn how to work around it.
    A person can look at piercings as a responsibility. In a way it is like taking care of a pet. You have to pay some attention to it, but the pet uses more attention than a piercing. There is also cleaning jewelry, just like washing a dog, but there won't be a problem of the pet squiggling and squiggling around.
    There are people who want to be different from another person. This is most common with teen wants to be different. Instead of letting you kid try weed or cigarettes, why not piercings. It doesn't affect their body as much as drugs and tobacco products would, as long as they are taken care of well enough. There is another plus side of piercings. If they aren't gauged, than you could just the jewelry out and all that will be left is a small hole that won't really be noticed.
    A gauge is the size of a hole. Size 18 and 16 gauges are the most common earring sizes. The smaller gauge the larger the hole.
    A lot of people fear infection of piercings, but if taken care of correctly there won't be any complications. Some people say that there will be a hideous scar, but if you look at it from a different side it can show a story.
    A reason to get a piercing is to help you stand out in a crowd. Like I said before, earrings can show many sides of a person. Some people like to wear hats to show a side of them or to hide, but what if you just did your hair and don't want to mess it up or plainly don't like hats. If you don't like dyeing your hair or can't because your not allowed to, you can use dangly colorful earrings. It will give an illusion of a different hair color. Earrings or other types of piercing jewelry can also help capture the attention of someone you like.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Piercings [ 15 Answers ]

Um.. I got a question, and I hope someone would be able to help me.. I am going to self pierce a second hole but my mom said I could do it myself so I need some advice..

Good things about glasses [ 5 Answers ]

Hey, I'm 14 and have worn glasses since I was 5. I always think people think I am weird or dorky but boys say I look cute so that's a good thing! And in my case they make you look older and smarter!:)

Good things [ 19 Answers ]

Just thought that among this sea of distress and sorrow and people crying for help, itd be nice to discuss the good things in life What is good in your life? What do you feel is good about you, about the people you know? What goodness and amazing beauty do you see in nature, in people, in the...

View more questions Search