Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rachellerenee Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2010, 01:08 PM
    How to take off a drain plug?
    I can not figure out how to take off the drain plug to my bath tub. My tub is draining really really really slow and I'm not sure if I snake it that I'll be able to pull out whatever is blocking it... please help.
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Jan 21, 2010, 03:28 PM

What kind of drain plug do you have. Please, be detailed in your description...
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jan 21, 2010, 05:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by rachellerenee View Post
    i can not figure out how to take off the drain plug to my bath tub. my tub is draining really really really slow and im not sure if i snake it that i'll be able to pull out whatever is blocking it......please help.
    You can not snake a tub from the drain. You'll run into a tee 6 " in that will p-revent you from going farther. You remove the overflow plate and snake from there.(see image) remove the two screws holding the chrome face plate and pull up and out on the linkage and plug. Feed your snake in through the opening. You will run into the return bend of the trap about 18 inches down but crank and work your way past that you should only have 6 or 8 more feet to run out. Flush with a tub of hot water. Good luck and thank you for rating my answer, Tom
    Attached Images

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bathtub drain plug screw [ 9 Answers ]

I am trying to remove the drain plug from my bathtub to make it easier to unclog. I have removed the top cap of the plug to expose a screw. I cannot get this screw loose. Is there a trick?

Tub Drain Plug [ 10 Answers ]

For the life of me, I can't figure out how to close the plug on my tub drain. I'm sure it plugs up, because I've done it before. The setup is as follows: single handle faucet; no shower nozzle; for tub use only; no lever to move the plug up/down. I can remove the chrome plug by...

Toilet Drain Plug? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a toilet in my basement(below ground level, that I might replace in the future, but is loose. After a recent heavy rain, when we ran the washing machine, water came from the bottom of the toilet and flooded the basement floor. Would a plug in the drian hole solve this, or do I have to reseal...

P trap drain access plug [ 7 Answers ]

What is the best way to get out an access plug that is located at the tops and side of the P trap drain? It is a brass plug that has a square head that is about .75 x .75. The plug has never been out. I sprayed it with penetrant spray. Not enough room to get a pipe wrench on it. I tried a regular...

View more questions Search