Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bfritz Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2006, 03:09 PM
    Kitchen Faucet
    We replaced plumbing in our house, now the kitchen sink when turned on trickles water. If we take faucet off the water shoots out. We replace faucet and the water trickles. The faucet is not clogged. What can be the problem?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Nov 19, 2006, 03:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by bfritz
    We replaced plumbing in our house, now the kitchen sink when turned on trickles water. If we take faucet off the water shoots out. We replace faucet and the water trickles. The faucet is not clogged. What can be the problem?

Oh no!! Ya don't get off that easy. I want to know if you have water coming out of the supplies when the faucets removed and none when it's connected and as you say, " The faucet is not clogged.", then where's the blockage?
    Look, Fritz, give me the brand name of the faucet and its type, one handle or two knobs and we'll try to sort it out. By the way, did you remove the aerator from the spout and check the screens? Regards, Tom
    bfritz Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 20, 2006, 04:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by speedball1
    Oh no!!! Ya don't get off that easy. I wanna know if you have water coming out of the supplies when the faucets removed and none when it's connected and as you say, " The faucet is not clogged.", then where's the blockage?
    Look, Fritz, give me the brand name of the faucet and its type, one handle or two knobs and we'll try to sort it out. By the way, did you remove the aerator from the spout and check the screens? Regards, Tom

It's a pegasus 2 handle w/sprayer. No we have not removed the areator yet.. Yes there is water coming out of the supplies when faucet is removed and very well I might add :)
    And it only trickles out with the faucet attached.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Nov 21, 2006, 04:17 PM
    Well then that puts the problem squarely in the faucet doesn't it. Check it again for a blockage, Check and clean the aerator screens and then get back to me. Cheers, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kitchen faucet pressure [ 2 Answers ]

I have a glacier bay. The faucet water just trickles out whether hot or cold is fully on. The sprayer works great. Bathroom is just fine. Took off aerator and it is still the same.

Kitchen Faucet [ 6 Answers ]

I Have A Loud Screeching Sound In My Kitchen Faucet

No water in my kitchen faucet. [ 1 Answers ]

I recently changed my water supply lines under the sink, because they were leaking, so I decided to replace my kitchen sprayer also. Since I have changed the lines and the sprayer, there in no water at all coming from the hot or the cold, only from the sprayer which has pretty good pressure. It was...

Dripping kitchen faucet [ 2 Answers ]

Hello. Our kitchen faucet had very weak pressure. I removed aerator (sp?) and the water flowed great, but the faucet dripped. We've since put a new aerator on, but the faucet continues to drip. The faucet has two turn-knobs and the faucet itself. Similar to this, only cleaner ...

Kitchen faucet handle [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to get off my kitchen faucet handle (single faucet) but the hex nut that unlocks it will not turn. Any suggestions how to unloosen the hex nut? I tried vinegar and oil with no success. It is a Kohler single faucet kitchen sink. Thanks, gatnus

View more questions Search