Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Vegas2010 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2010, 11:39 AM
    Salaried employee being paid hourly
    When I was hired, I was told that I would be paid salary. 90 days into my job the topic came up again and my company realized that they have been paying me hourly all along. Instead of fixing the mistake the kept treating me like an hourly employee and even though I asked them to pay me like all the other salaried employees. The company refused to do that because the would have to pay me an extra week because hourly empolyees are paid a week in arrears. My new hire paperwork still says I'm salary so how can I go about making them pay me salary. By the way, I am the only ethnic person on salary, so I know it looks bad when they make me clock in and out like the other hourly employees. I see the liability for my company but I would not do that to them.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 21, 2010, 07:23 PM

They may of course change an employees pay, and pay status anytime they want.

So you go into HR and tell them you want it changed,
    If they don't you ( and may expect to lose you job of course) file a complaint againt them with the labor department.

If it is a race issue, a complaint with the EEOC may be needed also.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Salaried but sometimes paid Hourly [ 4 Answers ]

I have a question that I hope someone can answer for me. I am currently a salaried employee. If you miss any days and do not use your PTO for those days, can the company turn around and pay you hourly? Also, if the company handbook states that you can use your PTO in increments of 4 hours, can...

Hourly employee, paid on an salaried pay schedule [ 1 Answers ]

I am an hourly paid employee, that is paid on the 1st, and 15th of each month. Each two week pay period I receive 80 hours regular pay. When I do the math, I come up with 1920 hours a year, when actually I am working 2080. I tell my boss that the current paydays (1st, and 15th) is for salaried...

Hourly rate of a salaried employee [ 2 Answers ]

I am needing to figure out an employee's hourly rate by taking his total income from last year, and divide or multiply it by 52 and times or divide by 12... HELP I can't figure out the math... :eek:

View more questions Search