Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Gfletch Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2006, 01:18 PM
    Overpayment claw back problem
    My employer offered an employee purchase plan (toward a laptop) - I paid for the computer monthly, they reimbursed me the same amount. I am paid by automatic deposit and never look at my pay stub. Now it turns out that they continued to make the payment for about three years past when they should have. The amounts were small, but added up and I now owe about $6900 (!). Any advice on how to deal with this... clearly I can't cough up that much money all at once.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 19, 2006, 01:20 PM
    See if they will merely take it out a small bit at a time, or ask if they would settle for perhaps 1/2 and let you settle for keeping the other half as their error. Since it was their mistake they should be more willing to work with you

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dew Claw Removal [ 7 Answers ]

I was just wondering if anyone had any good pictoral articles on exactly how to remove the dew claws on new born puppies. I've found a few but they only show before and after not exactly where and how to cut. Any help is appreciated.

Symptoms of back problem in Mini Daschund [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, Our 3 yr old mini has been in the hosp for two days now. She went in with severe abdominal pain and they say it is her back. Why then, is the pain in her stomach? She was displaying no other signs of discomfort. She also had a temperature of 104. All of the tests came back fine. Any answers?...

Bank of America Overpayment [ 3 Answers ]

Apologies in advance for long post. So my story is I gave notice rather abruptly at Bank of America when I worked in their customer service dept. I'm not 100% positive of the date but I believe it was May 23rd of this year. Anyway, my last paycheck from them was a full check which surprised me....

Child Support Overpayment [ 13 Answers ]

In 2005 the State of Indiana intercepted my '04 Tax returns to repay the $5500 in welfare that my ex received for my son. My Fed return was $6200 and my state was $450. They started taking $85/wk when my order was for $54/wk. The next year they took the Fed $2597 and the State $200 with no...

Child Support Overpayment [ 2 Answers ]

I am in South Carolina. My last child graduated from high school in May. My ex continued to pay child support for 6 weeks. I was struggling financially at the time and thought he was being considerate since the payments were no burden for him. Now he says he made the payments in error and has...

View more questions Search