Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    richardcwalker Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jan 20, 2010, 01:52 PM
    Cannon printer helpdesk
    I have a 3 yr old canon ip4200 printer. Tried using budget carts off internet site (approx £18 for 5) but cyan seemed to be missing - blue print came out pink? Dealer sold me new carts - jettec inkjet carts. Now color photos are green. Have tried cleaning head by printer prog. Alignment seems OK. Any advice for resetting? Is this a computer problem?
    Advice in one-syllable 7 year old language please! Thanks richard

Jan 20, 2010, 01:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by richardcwalker View Post
    i have a 3 yr old canon ip4200 printer. Tried using budget carts off internet site (approx £18 for 5) but cyan seemed to be missing - blue print came out pink?. Dealer sold me new carts - jettec inkjet carts. Now color photos are green. Have tried cleaning head by printer prog. Alignment seems ok. Any advice for resetting? Is this a computer problem?
    Advice in one-syllable 7 year old language please!! Thanks richard
    ordinary print OK
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jan 21, 2010, 04:47 AM
    Cannon machines are very fussy about using non-genuine cartridges.
    It is most likely not identifying the budget ones you have used.
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Jan 21, 2010, 09:03 AM

I have to ask this question of you, just to make sure this is not an issue. Are you using a factory new ink cartridges?

Please consider the following:

If you are using a refilled or third party cartridges that may well be your problem. Most manufacturers build logic into their products to prevent the use of “Other Equipment Manufactured” cartridges as well as re-filled cartridges.

They do this to prevent problems from contaminated inks causing problems with print quality or damaging the physical printhead.

If you are using factory new cartridges, then please call the manufacturers Technical Support for assistance with the warranty on the cartridges.

Jan 21, 2010, 11:28 AM

Thanks. The cartridges were new. The retailer showed me prints that he had produced using the same carts "Jet Tec". I will contact the firm to ensure that they are compatible with this printer model. Cheers. Richard

Jan 21, 2010, 05:07 PM
    How much do you want to bet they will say it is compatible? You might want to ask them about fixing or replacing your print head because their failed. I suspect they will tell you to "pound sand".

If you want the truth ask Canon.

Jan 26, 2010, 10:08 AM

Richard,

How goes your battle?

Jan 28, 2010, 02:23 PM

Don

Thanks for your interest. I haven't been able to locate a Canon Helpdesk yet, nor go back to Mr Incompatibility. Going into hosp for a new hip on Sat so this will have to take a back seat for a while. Soon be back for a little spleen-venting. Will keep you posted then.

Cheers

Richard

Jan 28, 2010, 05:35 PM
    Richard,

God be with you during the surgery and post op. Physical Therapy.

I just don't understand how a hip replacement can be more important than a printer problem. Is it possible that I might be myopic?

I'll keep you in my prayers.

Don

Jan 29, 2010, 11:13 AM

Thanks. Are you familiar with the kid's genre of 'hip hop' music? Because that's what I will be dancing... I think it's time I laid that joke to rest, now it's gone global!

Cheers

Richard

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

When I use word and printer out my dell 992 AIO printer says communication not availi [ 1 Answers ]

When I use word and printer out my dell 992 AIO printer says communication not available I got a virus and rebooted everything because I couldn't get on at all so then after that I downloaded software and all the drives from dell.com and now whenever I try to print it says communication not...

Calling all Lexmark X6570 Printer Owners - Is my printer damaged? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I just purchased a Lexmark X6570 Printer(wireless printing, faxing, photo printing, scanning, copying, and printing all in one). I now need the help of others who own this printer as well because I'm not sure if I purchased a faulty/damaged printer. I have installed the printer and...

Vista Printer Driver for NEC SuperScript 870 Printer [ 0 Answers ]

Need a Vista Printer Driver for my NEC SuperScript 870 Printer.

Cannon C755 printer [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Cannon C755 multipass printer and every time I print something it prints correctly for about 2 inches from the top of the page and then it skips about 2 inches of the intended text and prints the rest of the page. Any suggestions.

View more questions Search