Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fabricater1 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jan 20, 2010, 10:53 AM
    Gmp furnace
    Thinking of buying a power inverter to install on a vehicle to use for back up power to run my GMP 100 furnace during power outages. Will a modified sine wave inverter work OK and not damage the circuitry or do I need a pure sine wave? Also how many watts does the furnace draw?
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Jan 21, 2010, 06:31 AM
    Seems to me a GMP-100 is made by Goodman, but I cannot find a GMP-100.

May be best to contact them to ask your question, to avoid damaging any components in your unit.

Air Conditioners, (A/C), Packaged Heat Pumps and Central Air Conditioning (AC) Units for Home Healing and Cooling Systems. Residential and Commercial Heating and Cooling Equipment by Goodman Manufacturing available in 14 SEER and 13 SEER ratings for

I will copy this over at the HVAC forum to see is someone there is familiar with this unit.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Goodman furnace gmp [ 7 Answers ]

Ok. I can turn the thermostat to 72 and it will stay on 64 with the fan blowing constant. Burners aren't firing. On the control board for the furnace, there is a trouble shooting light that blinks to tell you what is wrong. It blinks four times which indicates an "Open Limit Switch", and it tells...

Gmp 1 00-4 furnace not turning on main burner [ 1 Answers ]

Hi There, I have a gmp 1 00-4 Gas furnace. I guess it is more than 10 years old since the house is built in 1995. The furnace was working fine last year, but this year, it stopped working. I have searched the internet and followed some of the instructions and here are the status: Call for...

Goodman GMP 075-3 Furnace [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Goodman GMP 075-3 Furnace, but the manual is missing.does anybody know where I can find a downloadable manual on-line? Thank you

Issue with Goodman GMP series gmp 050-3 [ 18 Answers ]

Hello everyone, I have an issue with my furnace. It just recently started happening, when running the ac the unit gets to the set temperature and then the unit clicks as if where going off and clicks again and keeps running. I looked inside and didn't see the status light blink.. Any help here?

Trouble shooting GMP Furnace [ 1 Answers ]

I have a gmp075-4 gas fired furnace, I just replaced the gas valve and the thing starts up fine but when the burner fires and the hot bar goes out the burner goes out any ideas? Limit switch maybe ?

View more questions Search