Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jelly Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2006, 09:26 AM
    Mouth
    Can having afilling in tooth trap a nerve in your lips and make your lips pucker up every time you try to talk.
    DrWood Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

Nov 22, 2006, 08:47 PM
    Jelly,

No.

The sensory innervation to the teeth is the maxilary and mandibular branches of the trigeminal nerve. The motor innervation to the lips is from the facial nerve.

These are two distinct and separate nerves and no dental work can produce pathology in the facial nerve that can produce your symptoms.

See your doctor and your dentist.

DrWood.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bad taste in mouth [ 1 Answers ]

Hi! I had a root canal filling on a wisdom tooth 2 weeks ago. I have had a bad taste in my mouth ever since. For the past week I have been taking antibiotics as the root filled tooth became so painful. Now much better but still bad taste in my mouth. Any ideas?

Orgasims and cold mouth [ 3 Answers ]

I was talking to the girls today and one of them asked me a strange question out of no where , she asked "does your mouth get cold when you orgasim " so basically I am wondering if this does happen , I myself have never felt the inside of my mouth cold while having an orgasm does this just happen...

Mouth [ 1 Answers ]

For the past two years when I talk my lips go really tight and the musssels in my face really hert my jore herts I have been to see doctors at hospital they say it is someing to do with my neck , it is getting worse every day they gave me mussel relacents but they did not work. Help

Do I speak up or shut my mouth? [ 4 Answers ]

Myself and two other people are general assistants to our boss who owns a small private business. Lately, since school has started up (both high school and college), our hours we are able to work have shifted a bit. I am generally the morning person and work alone while the other two are in...

Dark spots around face and mouth [ 3 Answers ]

How do I get rid of dark spots on my face?

View more questions Search