Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mthomasr07 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 19, 2010, 05:25 PM
    Addicted to going out
    Okay this relates to a poster before..! Im addicted to going out and being sociable, meeting new people and doing anything to have fun.
    This is my schedule
    Sunday through saturday-- wake up around 12, lounge around the house do a few chores to get some money then get ready then go out with whoever wants to.
    This is my schedule when I'm not working and I'm not working at the time so this is what my days consist of.

I feel like I can slow things down on my own but I need that outside opinion for a 21yr old that ill listen to and actually follow, because my parents can tell me something and I just can't listen to it because my dads an addicted to and my moms lazy and stays home every day and sets on the couch so its hard for me to take them serious.

Hopefully someone has some answers..!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 19, 2010, 05:26 PM

If you are not in school, you need to be working, or at least looking for work every day.

Jan 21, 2010, 12:52 PM
    Well I guess I left that out, I do look for a job on a daily basis, so I know once I find a Job it will be a lot easier for me to keep focused on other things besides my social life!
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Jan 21, 2010, 12:55 PM

Have you thought of volunteering at a hospital or community center? It would fill your time with meaningful activities, not just partying.

You say that you look for a job on a daily basis. This is great to hear. But, until you find a job, you need to be actively doing something that is benefiting society... not just doing the opposite (but same) as your mother and partying. She is lazy all day and doesn't contribute to society; you sleep until noon, look for a job, and party - also not doing anything to benefit anyone else.

Become invested in someone else's life. It will give your days meaning. :)

Jan 21, 2010, 01:17 PM
    That's actually a good idea. In your opinion, where would be the first place I could start something like that.
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Jan 21, 2010, 01:19 PM

Depends on your city.

I'd look into Big Brothers/Big Sisters, YMCA, nursing homes, or a hospital.

But start with BB/BS... you'll get to work with kids and enrich their lives.

:D

Jan 22, 2010, 01:25 AM

I never thought of that, thank you so much..!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Addicted [ 8 Answers ]

My boyfriend of 5 years and father of my two sons. Is addicted to crystal meth. I love him more then I can say. Ive tried everything I can think of to get him to stop and he hasn't. I wonna help him I just don't what else to do. Got any ideas ? Help please!!

Addicted to him [ 2 Answers ]

Is it possible to be addicted to a person? I dated someone for several years and I let him become my whole life. Without him, I have nothing. But, we do not work together as a couple, at all. I know that we cannot be together. However, though we break up, we always end up missing each other so much...

I'm addicted! [ 1 Answers ]

Im addicted to my celluar device! Can I like get unaddicted?

Don't really think that I'm addicted [ 2 Answers ]

I started taking vicodin about 9 months ago.I need them for the pain that I have but then at times I yhnk that maybe I'm not as in much pain as I think that I'm in that maybe my mind s making me think that I'm in this pain just so that I

I'm so addicted to going out. [ 3 Answers ]

And I really don't know how to stop, I seriously go out EVERY NIGHT! For example, this is my schedule Sunday, have lunch with someone, ANYONE, somewhere, then at night I pretty up and go to the club Monday, if I'm not working, I go shopping then later at night, meet up with friends for drinks or...

View more questions Search