Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mkenzie Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 19, 2010, 03:50 PM
    Find my Biological Parents
    Hi, my name is Mackenzie. I grew up not knowing my biological father and have contemplated for years to find him. He was not in my life at all to my knowledge even before I was born. I grew up in Clinton, IA (no longer have residence there) from the information that I have been given (very little) my fathers' name is Allen Youngsblood or Youngblood. I think he may have a residence or may have had a past residence in Tennessee. I am under the impression that he may have been traveling through Clinton on business a little over 20 years ago. I am guessing he would be at least in his 40s if not lower 50s. I am hoping that this information can help.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jan 19, 2010, 04:03 PM

How old are you?

The site doesn't assist anyone under the legal age.

I do find people with the same name but need to know more about your situation.

Jan 19, 2010, 04:52 PM
    I'm 19 going to be 20 within the year.
    Gem_22205 Posts: 976, Reputation: 129

Jan 20, 2010, 09:36 AM

Hello mkenzie. With the information which you have provided there is a match to the name and age associated with a Allen Youngblood located in Tennessee. Without paternity being established has your mother offered any other details that may help you to positively identifying him?

Jan 20, 2010, 09:41 AM
    Honestly I haven't received any information from my mother. I have gotten bits and pieces of information from my grandmother. Basically I feel as if Allen was coming through Iowa on business sometime in late 1989 met my mom and I'm not completely sure other than that. My grandmother just told me that he was a nice gentleman and he was from Tennessee. I have no records of him in my baby book nothing. I know this is almost completely impossible with the information I have given. I do have blue eyes. My mother had brown so, I don't know if that is anything more but, I suppose that is something.

Jan 20, 2010, 03:01 PM
    Fortunately, locating the person in question was not very difficult. Contacting him is a decision that needs to pondered very wisely. According to your information, there is absolutely no evidence that this man is your biological father. How did you learn of the name Allen Youngblood ?

Zabasearch:

Jan 20, 2010, 10:53 PM
    My grandmother told me. I have been debating for a long time how I would approach it. Possibly ask some questions in regards to if he was in the area... If he knows Kerrie Guthrie... I'm not 100% sure on how I wanted to go about it.

Jan 21, 2010, 05:11 AM
    I wish you the best mkenzie. If you require any other assistance feel free to ask. Please, keep us updated as to how things turn out for you. The decisions you make may help to enlighten others in facing such a difficult situation.

ZabaSearch:
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Jan 21, 2010, 08:44 AM

First--please realize that this man may not know that you exist. You may be disrupting his life terribly if you just pop into it.

Secondly--did I miss when reading this some reason that you can't get information from your mother? You will be affecting HER life as well if you go through with this search.

Thirdly--did you read the sticky at the top of the adoption forums regarding searches for biological parents/adopted children? There are a lot of really great places to start there.

I have to ask as well: Were you adopted? Perhaps by a step parent? If so, your biological father HAD to have found--or a really good search for him already done.

If you're NOT adopted, we should perhaps move this thread to Missing Persons--as the search for you will be different than if you are adopted.

Just as a side note: Blue eyes are recessive. Two brown eyed people can have a blue eyed child, but two blue eyed people cannot have a brown eyed child.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I find my biological parents [ 7 Answers ]

How do I find my biological parents without knowing any information on them, not even their names. The only information I have is that I was born in Flint, Michigan and my birth name is Christina. I was given up for adoption to a very well known and prominent family in Flint Michigan, where I...

Want to find out who my biological parents were [ 1 Answers ]

I know that I was adopted. I don't know the names of either biological parent but do have a birth certificate that shows where I was born and when. The parents listed are the adopted parents and the birth certificate is dated 6 months after I was born. How do I get information of the mother who...

How to find my biological parents [ 1 Answers ]

Hi. I was adopted and I really want to know where I came from, who I looked like more and all the normal question any adopted child would want to know. I only have adoption papers but I have no record of their name or information. My adopted parents have tried their best to find any information...

How can I find my biological parents? [ 11 Answers ]

I have no idea who they are, what they do, are what the heck they look like. I have no information, and I just want to know. :(

I would like to find my biological parents [ 5 Answers ]

I was adopted in November 15 1989 in benton Ar

View more questions Search