Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Brettwitt Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 19, 2010, 03:23 PM
    Itching finger rash tiny bumps costa rica
    About 6 months ago my wife and I went to Costa Rica for 8 days. We snorkeld, went ocean fishing on a boat, We did the canopy tour on the cables (the leather gloves they gave us were pretty well used and of course sweated in by many different tourist and we river rafted. I now am getting rashes between both of my pointer and index fingers. They are little bumps and are clear and itch like hell! I also got a rash on my stomach shortly after getting back and my doctor gave me a shot in the hip of cortozone I think. It hurt like heck also. This rash on my fingers comes and goes any help appreciated. I think it was caused from the nasty leather gloves used on the canopy tour. So beware if you plan to do this. Bring some cotton gloves to wear under their gloves. Brett
    rosemcs Posts: 325, Reputation: 47

Jan 19, 2010, 09:44 PM

Didn't your doctor recognize what it was? It sounds like athlete's foot and possibly ringworm. It does not have to be on the foot. There are many treatments for that at the drug store.

Also, you may want to try Grapefruit Seed Extract from the health food store, applied to the area. That should make ringworm disappear really fast.

Try another doctor's advice.
    emmie7747 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 20, 2012, 10:17 PM
    I'm so glad you re-opened this question! I do have an answer, at least for my own hands. It is caused directly by exposure to sunlight. It's taken me almost 30 years to rule out all other causes. That is why they appear in the summer, or when you're visiting Florida, etc. You're simply exposing your hands to more sunlight. You can even test it by covering up most of your hand when you go out in the sun. You will only get the blisters on the part that received sunlight.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pimple like bumps on finger/very sore/itchy/swollen on finger. [ 2 Answers ]

It started with 2-4 tiny pimple like bumps on my finger. Then it started to get really, really itchy, swollen and very painful. It is starting to get a red spot on it. I had this once before, a few years ago, but this time is worse.

Entering Costa Rica on probation [ 4 Answers ]

I am a felon and on probation. After getting permission from the po, who do I contact to see if Costa Rica will allow me to enter? Daughter is going there to study abroad for college and I would like to have a passport if I needed to get there for any reason promptly.

Restrictions for flying from the US to Costa Rica [ 1 Answers ]

Will unpaid parking, or traffic tickets, keep me from flying from the US to Costa Rica?

Honeymoon in Costa Rica [ 1 Answers ]

I'd like to buy travel insurance for my upcoming honeymoon, because my fiancee's mother is in the hospital. She is not in imminent danger of dying. 1) If she were to die (God forbid), before or during our honeymoon (just to be clear, my mother-in-law will not be along for the trip), would travel...

View more questions Search