Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    awadsworth Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 19, 2010, 03:09 PM
    I have a Picasso etching
    I have a Picasso etching titled "Pour Roby" with a certificate of authenticity from The Collector's Guild, LTD on the back. Is there any way to learn more about it - its date, it's value? I do not know the date my Dad acquired this but it was while Picasso was still living.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jan 20, 2010, 12:07 PM
    Hi, awadsworth!

It might be best to contact the Collectors Guild personally. Here's the link for them. http://www.collectorsguild.com/limitededition.asp

I wouldn't be surprised that you did have an authentic Picasso. For many of his works extant in the world, I'm sure that there are those that are in the hands of individuals outside of his known woks. After all, he did produce over 100,000 works of art in his over 90 years on this earth. No doubt, he simply produced some for friends.

Now, if you were to post an image of the drawing here, it's possible that we might be able to come up with a range of years in which it might have been drawn, based upon how and what he drew during certain periods of his life.

No guarantee here, but we can try!

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Paul Emile Lecomte Etching from Paris Etching Society [ 2 Answers ]

I found an etching by Paul Emile Lecomte issued by the Paris Etching Society entitled "The Stream" and number 109 SLZ. I am not familiar with Etchings but I would assume that they are similar to limited editions. Is this of any value? Thank you

Unsigned Picasso print of The Bull Fighter III [ 4 Answers ]

I have an unsighed Picasso print of the Bull Fighter III, the date 3-4-59 painted in the top left hand section, hand printed in pencil on the bottom left hand section is Picasso Torios E

About Michelangelo and Picasso [ 3 Answers ]

Give me three points about Michelangelo and three points about Picasso that describes their style of art work. Explain...

Picasso original? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello. I know it's crazy but... when cleaning out my uncle's estate I came across a portfolio of prints and found this Picasso that looks like it could be an original! My aunt and her sister were artists and came from a family of artists - I haven't been able to find out much about this...

Information on Paris etching society etching [ 1 Answers ]

Have a etching "Near Anneau In France" signed in pencil,I can not make out the name . On the back of the etching say genuine etching by"Philippe" distributed by Phillips toronto Ltd. My husband got mad at me for paying ten dollars for it the first year we were married. That was thrity three years...

View more questions Search