Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Rose04 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2006, 07:38 AM
    Marriage Partnership going bad
    My husband and I own 2 companies 50/50 that are doing very well. He has been straggling with alcoholism and drug addiction for the last 15 years. This past summer his problems worsen and began to Withdrawal Company funds to support his habits. The withdrawals were of thousands of dollars. Once I found out I had no other option than to take him off the accounts to protect the companies. Currently, both bank account are on my name only. He claims that what I did was illegal and that I couldn’t do that; is he right?

Currently I am filing for a divorce. I would like to buy him out. The companies generate over $1,000,000.00 in sales but they also have $300,000.00 in debt, how can I calculate a fair buy out sale price. On the other hand, is there any way to protect the companies from a partner that acts irresponsibly? If we were to keep the companies as they are, how can I take legal control of both of them to ensure that they continue to grow if he doesn’t want to sell out? He has not been to work for the last 3 week but still gets paid. Please help!
    wildcatgirl Posts: 73, Reputation: 13

Nov 19, 2006, 09:06 AM
    Rose,
    First of all, I would try to get legal rights to his portion of the company by filing an action against him for legal incompetency. Depending on how bad his addictions are, they may grant you power of attorney over his portion of the company until he is straightened up and has the competency to be aware of his actions. This may also buy you enough time to find a good attorney who can value your companies and draw up papers for your buy out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dissolution of a Partnership by Liquidation [ 3 Answers ]

Hey can anyone help on the this question? Please The following balance sheet information is given for the Snowbird partnership: Snowbird Partnership Balance Sheet Cash 8 000 l Liabilities 22 000...

International Marriage in military.. Could Divorce... What do I do to save our marriage [ 7 Answers ]

My husband is in Germany serving the US Army and since November 14, 2005 he has been gone. I was supposed to go over there with him but yet to go. He says that he wants a divorce and when I try to get the real true reason out of him nothing works all he says is that I know why but deep down I have...

Bad luck, bad karma, or bad self-esteem? [ 5 Answers ]

I recently heard once again a comment I've heard many, MANY times over the past several years: "You and your husband have worse luck than anyone else I know!" and I have one question: "Why is that?" You see, just about the time we get to the point we can manage to keep up on all our monthly...

View more questions Search