Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pattiecrabtree Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 19, 2010, 12:53 PM
    Ohio felon health employment
    Can a convicted felon work in the health care industry or specifically in a hospital?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jan 19, 2010, 12:58 PM

What State but I doubt it.

What type of "work"? Something that requires a license? Something else?

Either way - I very highly doubt it unless you are talking about being a medical transcriptionist or something along those lines.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jan 19, 2010, 01:04 PM

I guess the answer is no. Possibly because a hospital requires its employees to be bonded (background check for prior convictions). Wherever there are patients, there are some valuables kept.

Same with retirement/nursing homes, workers have to have background checks done to be bondable.

Tick
    caca222 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 7, 2011, 04:04 PM
    Background checks do not necessarily mean denial.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Sep 9, 2011, 05:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by caca222 View Post
    background checks do not necessarily mean denial.
    Depends on the crime they were convicted. But if it's a felony then no, you cannot work in the health field in Ohio.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Health care administration and being a felon [ 3 Answers ]

Can I work as a health care administrator even though I am a felon?

Felon needing to find work in Ohio [ 1 Answers ]

My cousin is a male 28 yrs old. He currently is serving a year for shoplifting and will be getting out soon. Can you give me suggestions for to pass on to him for getting a job? He had been working in construction but was laid off. Apparently, he ran out of money and got desperate and made a bad...

Need Health Ins in Ohio: Non-empl, Pre-exist condition. Impossible? [ 2 Answers ]

I’m in a city I don’t know well (Columbus, OH). I have a chronic kidney condition and no health insurance. Local insurance brokers say I am uninsurable. I'll eventually need a transplant if I want to, well, LIVE. Without insurance, there's not much chance of that. I've no idea who/where...

Employment Law regarding employment applications [ 2 Answers ]

I know that employers can ask on their applications if you have ever been convicted of a felony, but I ran into one the other day that asked "Have you ever been convicted of a felony in the last 7 years?" Just wondering why the 7 years.

Being bonded in the state of West Virginia after being convicted felon in Ohio [ 1 Answers ]

Being a convicted felon in 2005 in the state of Ohio how long do I need to be out before I have to start paying to be bonded and I live in west virginia:eek:

View more questions Search