Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jan 19, 2010, 12:05 PM
    Moving from stick to DVD
    I have a JVC videocam with both a hard drive and video sticks. I have a stand alone unit which copies from the hard drive directly onto a DVD without going through my computer.

Is there a device which would allow me to copy from the stick (if I chose to use it) directly onto a DVD?
    bree222 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Oct 5, 2010, 01:52 PM
    The reason my mom lost us is because my dad was a gang banger and got my mom hooked on drugs my mom sent us to live with my grandparents his mom and dad and my dad stoled us from there my mom is now off them an doing really good an has been doing good for a about 3 years an has a job and a place to live an trying to get custody of us now my dad use to use my mom as a human shield an held guns to her and in front of family beat her and he would sit on my grandma house my moms moms house and wuld do drugs he's off drugs now but he still drinks all the time an I think he's holding me back because the money he also took over 13,000 dollars of child support from my mom off my older sisters when they were living with my mom he claimed them when my mom had them the whole time my my older sisters got addicted to drugs starting at my dads old house and he sent them to my moms not knowing they were doing drugs and now one of my sisters is psychotic an sees a doctor the other 1 is pregnant now and ran away and my mom has a missing persons report on her all of my sisters and brothers problems started at my dads and because how he treated us an my older sister came down 2 c him for the summer she's the crazy'er 1 but he sent her back because he did'nt want to deal with her she came back saying how she felt like a slave and not loved but my mom deals with this everyday he could'nt even take a couple months out for my sister but he sure could take some money he wasent suppose to get when my sister visited my dad my sister ran off she got into a strangers car and said he wasent her dad my moms mom my grandma would have got us but she has cancer she is fighting that when my older sisters around my dad she freaks out and goes crazy there's much much more but I can't really think of it all living with my dads like living with a stranger I'm not happy here my hearts with my mom and grandma...

Thank you for lisining please write back
    Uber Member

Oct 5, 2010, 02:03 PM

This sounds like a nightmare.

Your Mom is a brave woman and strong, too. If she's been working at getting and staying straight for 3 years now and has stuck to it - I can't tell you how much I admire her.

Okay, she needs to go back to Court, tell the Court what you've told me and have the Court decide what is in your best interest. Without a doubt that would be getting you OUT of your father's house.

I realize your Grandmother is sick and can't help you.

You really do need to go to a protective service, get help for yourself.

Is there a teacher you can talk to who will step in, who would know who to call? Or a clergyperson? You can pretty much walk into ANY church and ask for help.

I wish I could do something but I'm just a stranger in another State. You need someone where you are.
    Uber Member

Oct 6, 2010, 12:00 PM

Bree, I actually and honestly am worried about you and how you are doing with this. PLEASE continue to keep me informed.

If the church doesn't help (I'm amazed that your school won't) we'll put our heads together and see what else we can come up with.

You're strong and wise to keep searching - stay in touch.
    Uber Member

Oct 7, 2010, 08:14 AM

Bree - I'm going to be out of town for a few days.

I have asked a couple of my friends to look in on you, answer your questions, see if they can help.

They are good people who listen and will do their best (as I do) to help you.

Please keep posting.
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Oct 7, 2010, 11:58 AM
    There are some positives here Bree.

The first one is, you can identify what your life is like with your father, you can identify factors in his life that have contributed to the abuse (drugs/alcohol) of you, and you can identify quite clearly that he is a dangerous, volitile man. Any one of those things would be serious cause for an investigation by children's services.

If you were to confide in a teacher, she is legally liable to report the abuse to the authorities. I don't know if you realize that or not, and maybe that is why you haven't talked to a professional like a teacher or counsellor. It is not an easy step to make, on your own, without some natural hesitation.

Should you decide that you need help in being removed from this environment, unfortunatey it will have to be you to get the ball rolling. I am unsure without knowing more, why your mother has not contacted authorities, or why she has not gone to court, or seen a lawyer to help get you back with her. You said she wants to, and she too will have to be involved with making that happen.

You may wish to speak with her about the options you have, that being, reporting to and speaking with social services, a school counsellor, your family doctor, etc. You should also be documenting everything that has happened to you. What you say will be very important in any decisions that are made as to your safety and welfare. If you have dates and times, events, etc. it will also be much easier on you, to tell your story.

I suspect you have your mother's survival instinct from what little I can see in what you have posted. That is another plus. You are capable of seeking help, following instructions, and following through. But, as a 15 year old, without direct assistance, you will not likely get too far.

I agree with Judy that the time to take action, is now. When you are over 16, things are not quite as cut and dried, at least here in Canada. As a minor, provisions in law are there to protect minors, and that too, is a positive. While you are considered a child, certain expectations are made to ensure that you are not being violated in any way by a parent particularly, with regard to any form of abuse.

You could also seek out guidance from any women's shelter. They are familiar with the laws, and can offer you counselling on where to turn, and what to do. They will not turn you away. Women in these occupations are very resourceful, and protective, and experienced with both women in crisis, and their children.

Please, at least start with a talk with your mother, and a few phone calls if you need to confirm what I have said. When you know yourself, what is available to you, you will have the confidence and knowledge to move forward, and out of your father's house.

You are not alone. Because you have not crossed the bridge yet of finding a way out, does not mean that help is unavailable to you. Quite the opposite.

Please keep posting with your thoughts on this, and also how you are managing everything. There is light at the end of the tunnel I promise you.
    Enigma1999 Posts: 2,223, Reputation: 1077
    Welbeing Expert

Oct 7, 2010, 05:41 PM

Hello Bree,

We are all here to help you. We want to see nothing but the best for you. So, please feel free to ask us questions and keep posting.

You do have some options here. Judy and Jake gave you great advice.

I would definitely talk with a school teacher or counselor. Jake is correct, if you do report this to a teacher, he/she is legally liable to report this.

I would talk more with your Mother. Also your community church.

Please keep posting to us to keep us updated. We will try to do everything that we can to help you.
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Oct 8, 2010, 07:22 AM
    Hello Bree,

Wondering how you are doing, and if you have had time to think about what your options are. Not pushing you to do anything of course, but hoping to hear that you are maybe feeling a little less alone with us here.

With the weekend nearly upon us, I hope that you will have time to post, and let us know that you are okay.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Oct 8, 2010, 04:15 PM

Hey Bree, I want you to keep one thing in mind as you go through all of this. No matter what your past or anyone else's you can make everyday a brand new day. Your waking up to being aware and willing to do something about it. Your mom did that with her addictions. We here will do what we can to help but we will need some direction to point you in that you may choose. Something's might be temporary or short term goals to help you and others are long term. Its mostly up to you. But if you need to just air things out we all will listen. Keep in touch and feel free to post anytime.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why won't peel and stick tile stick to plywood? [ 2 Answers ]

Why can't we get the peel and stick floor tile to stick to plywood? We tried the primer and adhiesive and a few other things.. nothing works. Is it likely we may have to buy something such as very very thin wood that looks like paneling, I can't remember the name, to cover the floor in and lay it...

Moving washer & dryer connections, adding a shower, moving a toilet [ 1 Answers ]

I know this is a lot for one question, but bear w/ me. We have a half bath in which our full size w/d connections are located. We would like to move them to the kitchen, about 15 ft away. We do have a pier and beam house. Any ideas on how much that would cost? Also, we want to put a bathtub...

DVD/CD Drive - read dvd but will not write to dvd. [ 1 Answers ]

Hi guy's. I have trouble with my dvd/cd-rw combo. My laptop is a Acer TravelMate 2413LC, don't know the make and model of the dvd/cd-rw combo. It reads and writes to Cd's no problem there. But is will not write to a blanc dvd - it reads the dvd. If I put a blanc cd in it ask me what I like to...

How to Connect DVR + VCR + DVD player +DVD recorder and switch box [ 3 Answers ]

Okay, I had this with maybe the dvd player and the vcr but now I'm stuck and cannot find manual for the dvd recorder. I have too many wires and too many electronics Result I would like, in the ideal world, is to have my dvd recorder to have the ability to record old VHS and DVR and other DVDs. ...

View more questions Search