Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Alyeska Posts: 44, Reputation: 0

Jan 19, 2010, 08:51 AM
    I have to do sports that I don't like.
    I'm in 8th grade, and I don't like most of the sports we do in PE class. I don't like volleyball, basketball, soccer, baseball and other things. Mostly, I am afraid of doing bad and losing, or getting tackled by someone bigger (I am small) and getting injured. Many of these sports are too hard on me, and I end up with bruises, or really tired for few days. Many times I stand aside, and lose participation points. I am more of a artsy person that sits and quietly does her stuff, not an athletic champion jock. How can I tell the teacher that I want to do gentle stuff?
    jaime90 Posts: 1,157, Reputation: 163
    Ultra Member

Jan 19, 2010, 05:21 PM

Why don't you just go up to your teacher and tell him/her that you've been hurt by the sports that you've had to play in PE? It's not very likely that they'll let you sit out in PE, but in the very least they'll tell everyone to take it easy on you so you can play the sports without getting injured. I don't know about you, but having the gym teacher announce to everyone to be gentler on you would be a little embarrassing. It's normal to have injuries and exhaustion after playing sports, and if it's manageable, why don't you just deal with it?
    Lexilulu Posts: 69, Reputation: 6

Jan 23, 2010, 10:39 PM

Will they let you do Track instead?. I know how that is, I have a "ball magnet" in my head and ALWAYS got hit there... So instead they let me run the WHOLE time during class with my friend... But we HAD to run, no joging, running... So maybe they will let you do that for your P.E?.
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Jan 30, 2010, 06:52 PM

Start doing some exercizes at home. Run in the evenings if it's only on a treadmill. Start using hand weights, start small, gradually build your muscles. It's amazing when you really see it's working.You will look forward to your runs and your weights.. Try it and see . Good luck.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 30, 2010, 08:39 PM

Sorry, general PE classes give students a wide variety of things so they learn some about various sports.

Doing bad and losing I bet is most of the issue more than anything, and you think that standing on the side makes you look better?

You get in there and do your best, so it is not jock level, you are not expect to be.
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Jan 30, 2010, 09:01 PM
    [QUOTE=Fr_Chuck;2203389]sorry, general PE classes give students a wide variety of things so they learn some about various sports.

Doing bad and losing I bet is most of the issue more than anything, and you think that standing on the side makes you look better?

You get in there and do your best, so it is not jock level's, you are not expect to be.

QUOTE= The trouble with jogging is by the time you realize your not in shape for it, it's to far to walk back.. Author Unknown
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Jan 30, 2010, 09:03 PM

I hated PE too. I had legit dr's notes throughout most of middle and high school. But when I had to participate, I found it was just best to try your best and get it over with. Sometimes when I really got into it the time went by a lot faster and I actually even had a little fun.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sports betting [ 3 Answers ]

Combinations for sports betting; parlays & sub-parlays

Sports commecials [ 1 Answers ]

Who is the actor pushing the walker in the T-Mobile "old school" commercial with Dr J, Magic and Barkley?! I say it's Phil Jackson.

Sports while pregnant [ 1 Answers ]

Hi. I have just found out I'm pregnant, It was not meant to happen because we were planning a ski trip. We had been trying, then took a break so I could ski without any concerns A little worried about it, its all paid for already. I will be 11 weeks when we go. I go skiing most...

Sports Jacket [ 1 Answers ]

Sports Jacket is required as dresscode in restaurants in Dominican Republic What is Sports Jacket? Is it a blazer or any informal jacket? I also have an Italian leather jacket - can I wear that? Thanks

Sports+Study [ 3 Answers ]

I'm 16 and play basketball and is doing well in it but there is always a negative thought in my mind disturbing every time that I can't cop with studies but I'm doing very well.Help me to put the end of this negative thought

View more questions Search