Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kristitch Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 18, 2010, 08:57 PM
    Black sludge in my kitchen drain
    I have the black sludge in my kitchen drain - bath sinks have water in them. I took the elbows out and drain the water and then I did the snake thing... it was very hard to due and not much came out but the black sludge on the snake end. Put it all back together thinking it would work... ran water and it plugged again. Due I have to take it all apart again or can I just pour very hot water down it with the water in the sink... desperate. Domestic Engineer who really needs some help since I'm the handy "woman" in our house!

Check out some similar questions!

Black sludge in pipe [ 3 Answers ]

Recently, my bathroom sink stopped draining. Seeing as I am a Do-It-Yourself kind of girl I plunged it and the clear water became gray. The water did start draining very slowly so I let it drain completely. I left the fluffy looking gray sediment in the sink. When I touched it it was kind of...

Black sludge in bathroom sink drain [ 2 Answers ]

There's an accumulation of black slude in my bathroom sink drain and it's preventing the water from draining properly - - it's just getting worse and I'm wondering what to flush down the sink to get rid of it.

Mysterious black sludge from floor drain after washer drains [ 8 Answers ]

I have an old house with a drainage field. The problem is in the basement drain. The toilet in the basement has not flushed properly for a while and when the washing machine drains there has sometimes been back up in the floor drain. Today there was very black discharge from the floor drain onto...

Black sludge clogging up plumbing [ 1 Answers ]

I am desperate for answers as my son and I have tried everything. Both our bathtub and now our bathroom sink are draining extremely slowly. Last night in desperation my son and I opened up the pipes underneath the drain in the bathroom sink only to discover that there was thick black sludge in the...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.