Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aaaaaa12589 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 18, 2010, 02:53 PM
    Marrying us citizen, adjust status with son
    OK, so I'm going to marry a u.s citizen and I have overstayed so I'm going to adjust my status. As well as my son's.

But he is almost 18, he will be 18 in July, and we will probably marry in may or June, is it going to be too late for him to adjust?

And do I need to have a valid passport for the interview? And does my son have to go to the interview with us?
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Jan 18, 2010, 06:33 PM

First of all, get yourself and your son new passports. You need to submit a copy of your passport with the application.

There will be a problem with your son... since you overstayed your visa, it's recommended to have immigration attorney take care of this matter.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

US citizen marrying a UK citizen and moving to the UK [ 9 Answers ]

I am a US citizen planning on marrying my British girlfriend. I was told by the British Immigration Agency that it would be best to marry here in the US and apply here for the Settlement Visa of a Spouse, because it would be quicker. Is this true and how long will this take if done in the US or...

US Citizen Marrying an Irish Citizen in the US [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I am a US Citizen. I am to marry my Finance who is an Irish Citizen . We are planing a small JP service in the end of May 2009. We will living in Ireland after the wedding. I was wondering if prior to registering with the town hall if we need to do any other paper work before we marry?....

View more questions Search