Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Billy3213 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 18, 2006, 10:40 PM
    College Education Verification
    How often do employers really verify college education info? Do they contact the college on their own or should I provide them with the number? I doctored my resume up just a little and I'm just curious. I'm having a hard time finding a job and thought I'd make my qualifications a little more maketable. Thanks for your help.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 18, 2006, 11:27 PM
    First many require the address and they send the form you sign on the application as a verification of education.

The higher you go up the corporate ladder, the more they check.

But I would say well over 70 percent do verify employment and education.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is Excelsior College a real college? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, if someone can please help me and let me know if Excelsior College's distance learning program is legally accredited, I would appreciate it very much. I would like to get a BS degree in Computer Information System through distance learning. I found that Excelsior College is perfect for this,...

College guy suddenly confusing college girl [ 4 Answers ]

So here's the deal: I entered college midyear. During my first week, I met this incredibly nice & cute guy. We hit it off. We spent hours just talking in his room. He drove me to the bookstore to get my books. We went out for fast food a couple times. Things got complicated when he decided to...

F1-OPT-H1B Verification [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, based on the info below -Atlanta TaxPayer Expert - you said my F-1 visa status expired on Jan 04. My New question is: Is this true even though I was given an F-1 visa with an expiration date of May-30-2005? Thank you very much!! I have been in the US since August 2000. I started...

Education/Degree Verification [ 2 Answers ]

Is there any way to find out in davance whether an employer will try verify education/degrees for applicants? Is there a standard for this, particularly among municipal employers?

How is degree verification done? [ 1 Answers ]

Dear All, I am going to be offering some positions and I may want to require a degree/s. What is the usual way an employer goes about accepting that an applicant has a degree or not? Just accept that the applicant is telling the truth? Asking to see the degree?

View more questions Search