Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stehaniej Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 18, 2006, 10:29 PM
    Dna molecule
    Where is the Genetic code stored in the DNA molecule?
    And
    How is the genetic code store in the DNA molecule?

Thank you
    Billy3213 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2006, 12:15 AM
    DNA ( and RNA) are encoded with proteins or amino acids. Genetic codes are made up through the sequencing of amino acids and trinucleotides.

You can check out Wikipedia.com and find out a lot more.
    sovaira Posts: 271, Reputation: 10

Nov 26, 2006, 10:25 PM
    DNA is a two-stranded molecule. Each strand is a polynucleotide composed of A (adenosine), T (thymidine), C (cytidine), and G (guanosine) residues polymerized by "dehydration" synthesis in linear chains with specific sequences. Each strand has polarity, such that the 5'-hydroxyl (or 5'-phospho) group of the first nucleotide begins the strand and the 3'-hydroxyl group of the final nucleotide ends the strand; accordingly, we say that this strand runs 5' to 3' ("Five prime to three prime") . It is also essential to know that the two strands of DNA run antiparallel such that one strand runs 5' -> 3' while the other one runs 3' -> 5'. At each nucleotide residue along the double-stranded DNA molecule, the nucleotides are complementary. That is, A forms two hydrogen-bonds with T; C forms three hydrogen bonds with G. In most cases the two-stranded, antiparallel, complementary DNA molecule folds to form a helical structure which resembles a spiral staircase. This is the reason why DNA has been referred to as the "Double Helix".

The DNA stores the genetic code in the form of nucleic acids, in a particular sequence.that is different in all individuals living on the face of the earth.so its not degraded any how it remains stored even years after years.
    susiegassett Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 6, 2006, 10:08 AM
    What is the function of a vector in genetic engineering?
    sovaira Posts: 271, Reputation: 10

Dec 6, 2006, 09:45 PM
    A vector can be explained easily that it can ncorporate foreign gene esily and can let it express and remains viable under favourable conditions.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dna Testing [ 10 Answers ]

Can you have someone take a DNA test while in Jail? Can you have someone sign a birth certificate while in Jail?

DNA structure [ 1 Answers ]

What is the basic structural differnce between purines and pyrimidines? & what is the bonding pattern of the bases & what type of bond occurs to each other?

DNA Testing [ 1 Answers ]

My ex is listed as the father of my daughter on her birth cretificate... can I request a DNA test and if it is proven that she is not his can anything be donw to me cause she is not his?

Dna [ 1 Answers ]

Can DNA material be extracted from feces?

Paternity... dna test proved I'm not father [ 2 Answers ]

Well this is definitely one of the most tragic things i have been through. Of course im not happy with the final results but i am in a downhill battle because of it. I found out after 4 1/2 years of paying child support that i am not the father of my child. I haven't seen the child in almost...

View more questions Search