Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fisherman182 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 18, 2010, 12:55 PM
    I put new ink cartriges in my printer with the tape off and it tells me no ink
    I have the HP Deskjet D2660 printer. The new cartrages are the correct ones. I peeled the tape off and inserted them correctly, but the no ink light keeps flashing and it won't print anything. The printer is on line, and when the printer sits idle for ten minutes or so the light goes out, but the minute I go to print it comes back on and won't print anything.
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Jan 18, 2010, 03:31 PM
    I have to ask this question of you, just to make sure this is not an issue. Are you using a factory new ink cartridge?
    Please consider the following:
    If you are using a refilled or third party cartridge that may well be your problem. Most manufacturers build logic into their products to prevent the use of “Other Equipment Manufactured” cartridges as well as re-filled cartridges.
    They do this to prevent problems from contaminated inks causing problems with print quality or damaging the physical printhead.
    If you are using factory new cartridges, then please call the manufacturers Technical Support for assistance with the warranty on the cartridges

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lexmark printer not really out of ink, but says replace [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Lexmark printer that won't print any documents because it say need new ink cartridge. I haven't printed many documents, so I just took out the cartridge, shook it and replaced it. Why am I able to print test pages but not word documents? Is there a reset button?

Printer does not recognized black ink [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I have printer canon mp 600 Printer can not recognized black ink (small one) after refiling and I can not print It happened about week after refiling Please help me

Printer can't find ink [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Canon Pixma MP 500. I inserted a new magenta cartridge and when I try to print it says it does not recognize the cartridge. I thought that the cartridge was bad so I took it back and got another one. When I insert the cartridge it does not light up and I keep getting the message that it...

Black ink - color printer [ 5 Answers ]

Will just black cartridge work in printer that usually has black AND color cartridges -- printer work? Don't want to buy both-- might just get new printer

Problem with generic ink cartriges. [ 2 Answers ]

I have an Epson Stylus Photo 830 printer and for some time I have been using generic ink cartridges in it without any problems. When I install the generic cartridge, I get a message that is is not an original and I am asked whether I still want to use it. I opt for "yes" and it works OK. But...

View more questions Search