Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kLen Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

Jan 18, 2010, 02:44 AM
    American blacklisted in philippines can still petition his girlfriend?
    Hi, I am a Filipina and my fiance' is American and he is planning to petition me in his country through fiance' visa but we are wondering if this is possible because he got blacklisted here in the philippines. Please anyone have an idea about our case, we really need your help.

Thanks and Godbless
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Jan 18, 2010, 10:34 AM

What caused the blacklist? Felony charge?

Jan 19, 2010, 08:55 AM

Hi lawanwadee, the caused of hid blacklist is that someone is claiming to be his wife but not true then he accused him for maltrating her. He got blacklisted without even proving that he really did what she accused him or its not proven. Any idea about this case? Need help, tnx
    Immigration Expert

Jan 19, 2010, 09:16 AM

Somewhat unclear about the allegation... but if the term "molestation" is used, I would recommend you find a new man and forget him.

Jan 19, 2010, 10:14 AM
    Well, I think there's no word "molestation" used on the article I've read. My fiance' got a Filipina girlfriend before me, then He find out how mean this lady is and he end up ending their relationship and the girl didn't accept the fact that this guy don't want her anymore then she find out he got a new Filipina girlfriend and then she is claiming that she is his wife which is not true and accused my fiance' maltreating and abusing her and asked the Philippine Immigration to ban my fiance'. Such a headache, I really need an opinion regarding this, please. Tnx

Jan 19, 2010, 10:16 AM

lawanwadee, are you working on immigration? Can you please help me with my problem, please. Tnx. Godbless always.
    Immigration Expert

Jan 19, 2010, 12:08 PM

When someone is blacklisted in a country, it means that person was charged with felony, unless it's about overstaying a visa. So in this case, if he did not overstay the visa but he is blacklisted, it means he has record. Any US citizens with criminal record, especially domestic violence, are not eligible to sponsor immigrant visa for foreign spouse.

Time to move on and find a new man... good luck.

Jan 19, 2010, 07:29 PM

Move on and find a new man, I don't think so I love him so much. FYi he don't have any criminal record in your state the only record he got is overspeeding, how could a woman that is here in the Philippines can charge him for domestic violence in your state? I know there's a way to get over this problem and I will not stop until I find one, thanks
    Mozza Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 16, 2010, 03:46 AM
    Klen I feel your pain, I'm a British citizen and I'm blacklisted from the phills for overstying my visa, while I was in Manila I caught dengue, I was admitted to hospital and missed my flights home, because of my hospital bill and having to book new flights I couldn't pay my over stay fee and I was black list, I paid all my fees two weeks ago and I've booked my ticket to arive on Manila nxt week thinking this would be plenty of time for my name to be removed from the list, but I've just found out I'm still on the list and won't be removed in time, I miss my filipina girlfriend very much and haven't seen her in a year and I have no idea how longvit will take to be removed.

Iawanadee do you know how long it takes to be removed from the list in cases like mine, I miss her so much and this is the only chance I'll have to get to see her, I can postponed my flight for a week but after that I have to return to th uk, as I'm curently in Australia

Thanks
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Aug 16, 2010, 04:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by kLen View Post
    well, i think theres no word "molestation" used on the article I've read. My fiance' got a Filipina girlfriend before me, then He find out how mean this lady is and he end up ending their relationship and the girl didn't accept the fact that this guy don't want her anymore then she find out he got a new Filipina girlfriend and then she is claiming that she is his wife which is not true and accused my fiance' maltreating and abusing her and asked the Philippine Immigration to ban my fiance'. such a headache, i really need an opinion regarding this, please. tnx

Something is not right here. Immigration would not ban him based on someone's allegations... there is no proof, no charges, no conviction.

I agree with lawanwadee, I'd be very careful about continuing a relationship with this man. How did you meet? How long have you known him? How often have you met in person? Have you met and spoken to his family?

How does he know he is blacklisted? Is he taking this other woman's word that he is?
    tina.cruz Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 31, 2010, 10:35 AM
    Philippine Bureau of Immigration is full of crap. You need to have a large amount of money to get through all these.
    Immigration Expert

Dec 31, 2010, 11:14 AM

kLen, you need to provide more details. Is he in US now?

If he is in US, he has no problem filing visa for you, but if he is now in the Philippines and he claims that he has problems with his ex, etc. I am afraid it's an excuse not to sponsor visa for you.
    chrismacx10 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 5, 2011, 11:05 PM
    Iwanwadee and Doula, I am blacklisted from Phil but not for any felony or charge. In fact nothing I did could have been arrested for. The reason given for my exclusion was unruly behavior. On Jan 6th returning home with my domestic helper I protested that my domestic helper was not to be allowed to return to the Hong Kong where she is employed. She had travelled to Manila airport the previous day to gan her OEC. The POA desk at Manila airport said she could only get an OEC on her date of travel. That this was available from Clark where we were to depart. Because the flight left at 7 am and the Clark POA did not open till 9am there was no one to process her OEC. When we checked in the airline said that they could not check her in unless we paid the travel departure tax. So I paid the 1750 peso. When we got to Immigration they would not exit my DH without an OEC and regardless of the tax just paid. This was a catch 22 and because I protested the situation the immigration officer said she would recommend me for blacklist. I asked her what for and she said arguing and not respecting the Immigration Department. The whole incident took less than 5 minutes and I have since been banned for "unruly behavior" It seems that once a immigration officer files for this if the commissioner of immigration accepts the report then a blacklist can be put in force. This is amazing as there is no apparent appeal process. Furthermore the department in this is acting as Judge, Jury and Executioner. All for a non crime.
    maryjubel Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 28, 2011, 11:07 AM
    Can a person be ban through allegation? W/o any evidence? And how will you know if your blacklisted?
    lod49 Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

May 15, 2012, 08:33 AM
    My husband is on the blacklist but he was able to petition me for a fiancé visa. Now, we are legally married and living together here in the US and we are planning to go back in the Philippines with our three kids. We want to remove his name from the blacklist. I have to go back in the Philippines first and clear his name. He is a great husband and a great father of my children.
    shauee Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 8, 2012, 11:10 PM
    Hi I'm leen, my boyfriend which is an american citizen got deported from Philippines to USA back in Ntov 2010 cause he got a case there. I just want to know if he is now blacklisted or can he still come back here in Philipppines when he get cleared there in the US?
    Please help me. He's already done with his time there for 2 yrs and ready to fly down here.
    Any answer will be very much appreciated.
    klen18 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 15, 2013, 09:13 AM
    I've known him for 4yrs and ii talk to his family also... I know and I feel how good he is... only her ex filipina don't want that me and my fiancée to be happy,even the ex filipina is married now to other american guy...

Apr 15, 2013, 09:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by lawanwadee View Post
    KLen, you need to provide more details. Is he in US now?

If he is in US, he has no problem filing visa for you, but if he is now in the Philippines and he claims that he has problems with his ex, etc. I am afraid it's an excuse not to sponsor visa for you.
    He is in US,he has no problem filing visa for me in US because he don't have any bad records to their country ,he just only worried that my government not allowed me to get out in my country once they check that my fiancée is blocklisted here in phil.. thnks

Apr 15, 2013, 09:30 AM
    Almost 5 yrs I've known him a lot and his family,I talk to her mom and whole family and there have good family bckround,,

Apr 15, 2013, 09:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by lod49 View Post
    My husband is on the blacklist but he was able to petition me for a fiance visa. Now, we are legally married and living together here in the US and we are planning to go back in the Philippines with our three kids. We want to remove his name from the blacklist. I have to go back in the Philippines first and clear his name. He is a great husband and a great father of my children.
    You mean your husband is blocklist also here in the phil?and he petition you to bring in us even his blocklist here?please answer.. thanks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Who can help blacklisted in uae? [ 2 Answers ]

After 1 year working in UAE, I've been deported because they found that I had syphilis. 2 months after there is a new law stating that who is positive in syphilis may qualified to stay in the country but must undergo treatment. My question, is there any possibilities for me to go back to uae now...

Born on US Naval Base in Philippines: Father American, Mother Filipino-citizen or no? [ 1 Answers ]

On July 10th 1986 I was born on a US Naval Base in the Philippines. My father was in the Navy at the time and I believe he was married to my Filipino mother. I moved to the US when I was 6 in 1992. I was issued a green card. I obviously also had a passport. Both are now gone and lost. I do not know...

View more questions Search