Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bugaboo21 Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

Nov 18, 2006, 08:45 PM
    Is this normal??
    I have a 16 month old little girl and every morrning we get up and eat breakfast then I get her ready to go to daycare.when I put her in her carseat she will scream and kick and throw anything that she can reach at me then we get there and I will get her out of the car and throw herself on the ground... what can I do I am going to go insane I am getting gray hair... now with my husband she won't do any of that just me... help me please:eek:
    jgrammes Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Nov 18, 2006, 10:38 PM
    Mommies tend to be the softies, and daddies have a way to "tone" children. I'm a dad, and even though I don't yell, my 2 year old knows the difference in my tone. Trying saying very relaxed, and as deep as you can, tell her that her behavior is not appropriate and that her daddy would not like it. Patience,. terrible two's start early, and end late. I'm in what I like to think the end stages. Does daddy ever take her to daycare? Or is it just you? She may be upset with you because YOU are the one, in her mind, deserting her, in a place where maybe she's not getting along so well. Also trying to distract her with toys you can strp to her car seat. And when you get to the daycare, stay with her a few extra minutes to help get her adjusted. Maybe find a toy she likes and try to play with it with her. Toddlers are very posessive, so eventually she will want to take it over, and while she's occupied, slip away. Also, don't do the "Give mommy kiss bye-bye" routine. Toddlers don't comprehend temporary goodbye's. They just know what's here and now, and at this very moment you are leaving her alone with strangers.
    MasonRacin Posts: 18, Reputation: 2

Nov 18, 2006, 11:56 PM
    For every action there is a reaction. If there's one thing kids are great is getting a reaction out of someone. I don't have kids, but I understand them because I think I still am one. If I could irritate someone just to get a rise out of them I would. If I didn't get them all riled up I wouldn't bother. I would ignore this, as its just an attempt to get your attention. Try rewarding the little one when she's good and giving the cold shoulder to bad behavior. I wish I could give you a 100% sure answer, but all I can offer is what I think. Good luck with the tantruming youngin!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is it normal [ 5 Answers ]

Is it normal to feel nausea by myself. I've had 'disorders' in the past but not recently. Any help why I feel sick after eating food for a while?

Is this normal? [ 2 Answers ]

For the past 4 days or so, after intercourse I get a brownish discharge and the feeling of cramping during my period. Weird thing is I've already had my period. I shouldn't have cramping. Is it menstration left over? Am I pregnant? Or is this something I should seriously be worrying about?? I'm a...

Is this normal? [ 6 Answers ]

Hey everyone, its me again. In may I posted a question asking about my symptoms, and found out I wasn't pregnant. Now here's the thing: I just found out Im 7weeks pregnant, and this time I wasn't even trying! Before I found out, I was experiencing some of the classic symptoms: lower abdomin pain,...

Can Some One Tell Me If This Is Normal [ 11 Answers ]

Is It Normal For Girls To Have Sharp Pains At The Sides Of The Stomic

Is this normal? [ 2 Answers ]

When I was 13, me and my best friend ( a guy ) had some sexual experiences. I gave him head a few times and he reciprocated, and we also used to masturbate eachother's penises. I am straight. I wanted to know if other people have done this in the past.. or should I be worried about what...

View more questions Search