Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kris martinez Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 17, 2010, 07:19 PM
    High School Diploma Records
    Hi, my name is kris I graduated in 1982 I went to get my transcripts from compton unified school district. They had a copy of my transcripts with credits and classes I finished and passed but no date of graduation and no principal signature. I don't have my high school diploma but I had it and I graduated from high school walked across the stage and everything. The school that I am attending now says the transcripts are no good now I'm at risk of being kicked out of the program because they can't pull funding for me. I attended two other colleges before that and I did't have a problem, how can I obtain a copy of my diploma?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 17, 2010, 07:20 PM

Umm contact the school district?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 17, 2010, 07:27 PM

Normally NO, a dipolma is really not re-issued, it is your transcripts that are used to get you into college. In fact it is those that have to normally be mailed directly from the school to the college.

Transcripts are not really "signed" by the principal but they are normally signed by some school official and a school seal attached when official copies are sent out by the school

It sounds like you need to have the school show you graduated on your transcripts ( I assume they normally do)
    Do not expect to get a new dipolma, they are normally not redone. I lost mine 30 years ago, and the transcripts were what was always needed anyway for colleges.

So you need to find out why this college is not taking the transcripts which is the actual the best proof.
    kris martinez Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 17, 2010, 08:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    Normally NO, a dipolma is really not re-issued, it is your transcripts that are used to get you into college. In fact it is those that have to normally be mailed directly from the school to the college.

Transcripts are not really "signed" by the principal but they are normally signed by some school official and a school seal attached when official copies are sent out by the school

It sounds like you need to have the school show you graduated on your transcripts ( I assume they normally do)
    Do not expect to get a new dipolma, they are normally not redone. I lost mine 30 years ago, and the transcripts were what was always needed anyway for colleges.

So you need to find out why this college is not taking the transcripts which is the actual the best proof.
    They're not taking them because the transcripts don't have any signatures or date of graduation a mistake made 28 yrs ago can it be fixed or do I have to start all over again?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 17, 2010, 08:26 PM

The school merely has to notorise a copy and or sign it with the school seal ( depends on how your district does it)

If the school gives problem, a letter from an attorney to the school board should clear it up

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

High school diploma [ 3 Answers ]

Hello my name is Marco Arcila I live in Tampa Florida I didn't finish my high school I only need 2 credits more so I could get my 24 credits compreted that I need Im trying to look so any one can help me with this how I can't finish my high school diproma at home ?

High school diploma [ 5 Answers ]

I want to get my high school diploma on line, but can't afford it is there any way of getting help with the cost?

High school diploma [ 3 Answers ]

Will the military recognize an online high school diploma?

High school diploma [ 2 Answers ]

I gradutated from a christian home school in San Diego,Ca. in 1991. I am looking for a way to find the school or find a web site to locate my diploma.

Do I need a high school diploma to... [ 1 Answers ]

I didn't know, witch thread to put this under but do I need a high school diploma to go to a trade school or college class. And how much would it cost to get my diploma online?

View more questions Search