Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    carmelitah Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jan 17, 2010, 06:57 PM
    I have a panasonic tc-p50g15 and it keep cutting off
    When I plug in the cable cord it turns off after about 10 min, when I take the cable out and nothing is connected except the original cord it stays on. I've tried to unplug it and put it in a jack by itself, I've changed cabel cords nothing seem to help, I've also check to see if it was on sleep time but it was not.
    FadedMaster Posts: 1,510, Reputation: 148
    Ultra Member

Jan 17, 2010, 08:24 PM

So, am I to understand the TV is fine unless you plug in basic cable?

If this is the case, I would have your cable company come out and examine the line. You may have some voltage coming through that is affecting your TV.

If you have higher voltage running through the line, there could be a couple causes. One is that there is a cheap device backfeeding into the lines somewhere in your house (a cheapy VCR for example). Another possibility is that your runs for the coax is too close to electrical and getting some interference off the electrical.

Jan 17, 2010, 09:01 PM
    I've tried changing the connection that the cable gives, also I had my cable company changed to a different one and I still have the same problem. There is nothing else connected to the TV. My newphew thinks it could be a tuner, what do you think.
    Ultra Member

Jan 17, 2010, 09:26 PM

A tuner issue shouldn't cause the TV to randomly power down. The line that you changed, was it all the way back to the beginning and was there nothing else connected? Because even if you use a different line, there could still be the interference.

Jan 17, 2010, 10:15 PM
    What I did was use the plugs that have red,white, yellow and connected it to the back of the TV and the other end to the cable box.
    Ultra Member

Jan 17, 2010, 10:21 PM

And that caused problems? Because if so, then it is definitely not the TV's tuner (since you aren't using it at all).

Jan 17, 2010, 10:27 PM

No that is not what cause the problem, I only changed it to see if the coax was causing the problem. The TV would turn off when the coax was connected and when the other was was plugged in.
    Ultra Member

Jan 17, 2010, 10:30 PM

... I don't understand what you mean when you say "and when the other was was plugged in."

But you should use the yellow, white, and red connectors instead, as they provide better picture quality than just coax. But does it do it when you bypass the cable box and use just basic cable? If not, then it's the cable box.

Jan 17, 2010, 10:34 PM

I haven't tried that, I will try that and contact you tomorrow.

Jan 18, 2010, 10:17 AM
    I tried to connect the coax with out the box and it still cut off, also I turned the TV on without anything on it and it this time it cut off.
    Ultra Member

Jan 18, 2010, 11:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by carmelitah View Post
    I tried to connect the coax with out the box and it still cut off, also I turned the tv on without anything on it and it this time it cut off.
    So now the TV is cutting on and off whether something is connected to it or not? If this is true, then you have narrowed it down to either an electrical problem or the TV itself. And if you have no other problems with other devices and the electric, then I would bet that something needs to repaired/replaced in the TV.

It sounds like its time to either replace the TV or call around to have it repaired.

Jan 18, 2010, 12:04 PM
    Now I turned the TV off for a couple of hours and cut it back on without anything connected to it and now it's been on for over a hour, but when I put the cable on it,it cuts off.

Jan 18, 2010, 12:05 PM

Thanks for your help!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Panasonic TV [ 1 Answers ]

My 53 inch panasonic rear projection TV won't go on and the red power light flashes 3 times,how do I fix it?

Panasonic Tv [ 0 Answers ]

I have a panasonct big screen ( older odel). It started smoking yesterday and woll not turn back on I make a clicking sound. Is this something I shold have lookded for a service fee or just wrigt it off and purchas a new TV? Any help would be appreicated. Thanks Michelel

Panasonic TV [ 1 Answers ]

We have a panasonic TV and the parental locks got put on and don't know the code how do we get into it. Does anyone have a fixall:confused:

Out fan to ac unit not cutting on [ 1 Answers ]

This winter our aux heat light kept coming on, so the heat/air people came out and repaired something to do with the fan out side not coming on. Now the outside fan is not coming on and we have no ac. It runs in the house but no cooling affect. And the fan out side is not running. Please help!

View more questions Search