Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    garycrain Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 17, 2010, 06:45 PM
    Janitrol evaportor
    I have a janitrol 3.0 evaporator and 3.5 cond unit the metering device in the evap is the same as cond unit will the 3.5 work with the 3.0 evap some peopkle say it will but I'm having trouble.
    garycrain Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 17, 2010, 06:48 PM

Will3.5 cond work with 3.0 evav as same metering device some peple say it will but I'm having trouble
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jan 17, 2010, 07:33 PM
    A larger indoor evaporator coil will work with a SMALLER outside unit BUT a smaller indoor coil will not work well with a larger outside unit. The metering device in this case makes NO difference since the coil is to small to start with.

Now it is possible that this coil was listed for use on that outside unit so contact the factory just to be sure.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Janitrol Furnace [ 5 Answers ]

Hello - I have a Janitrol Model # GUE060-E Furnace. The blower will not shut off unless I power it off by removing the bottom panel. I hear a clicking sound like it wants to shut off. The thermostat is set to auto mode. Could it be the relay? Thanks, Dan

Janitrol 18-60 [ 5 Answers ]

I have a Janitrol 18-60 Thermostat that I was going to replace with a Hunter 44260 programmable. 1st Is it compatible and second the wiring diagrams Janitrol G R Y O then W2 E C Hunter Y RC RH Y/O W/B Y1 I can probably get it connect to about 80% right, but the O E and C are throwing me...

Janitrol, replacement? [ 1 Answers ]

I just want to first thank you all so much for your quick response to my first question... I did go and check e-bay prior to finding this site and couldn't find anything there. I am wondering if maybe someone would have an idea for a replacement of the Janitrol HPTD 18-60.:confused: What would...

Janitrol 18-60 [ 2 Answers ]

Is there a digital t-stat that is compatible with this 7-wire unit? I would like to install a Hunter Model 42999B (3 wire with the two jumper connectors Rh and Rc). Is it possible?

View more questions Search