Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    perryjd Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

Jan 17, 2010, 02:48 PM
    What is the correct suction pressure and head pressure for a 3 ton tempstar heat pump
    When the yellow jacket brand gauges are put on a 3 ton Tempstar heat pump what should the correct suction pressure and head pressure be. I suspect it to be overcharged in freon. Because it is freezing the compressor, accumulator tank and all the lines soild ice.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jan 17, 2010, 04:12 PM
    There is NO correct pressure give the lack of complete information required to do the calculations. Furthermore attaching a set of gauges to a unit is reserved for a qualified individual that has passed the EPA required test to work on such machines and by your own admission to lack of knowledge you are not qualified to do this kind of work. Sorry but I am just not willing to violate Federal law in regards to this issue.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Amana Heat pump High pressure switch tripping [ 19 Answers ]

Called tech found unit pressure switch tripped, reset added freon. Lasted less than a week. Appears tripped again. He mentioned fan could be the culprit when he was out. Is there a way to eliminate this as a cause? Any other possible solutions? Brand new filter in unit after first episode.

Nordyne heat pump high suction in heat [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 2 yr old heat pump.in heat mode at 40 deg outside I have 120 psi on the suction and 160 psi on the disc. 99 deg. At discharge from condenser.first season for heat.sounds like a stuck or leaking reverse valve. Any suggestions. Thanks ps I tried switching from air to heat a few times

Over-pressure on heat-pump start-up on warm days. [ 19 Answers ]

We have a Rheem Classic X Model # RPKA-036JAZ heat pump. It is installed on the south-west side of the house where it gets a lot of sun during the winter, when there are no leaves on the trees. (In the Greensboro, NC area.) The indoor unit is located, at the same level, in the crawl space and...

View more questions Search