Ask
    dapopular Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 17, 2010, 10:52 AM
    Why does the fire alarm keep going off
    The fire alarm keeps going off and there is no fire
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 17, 2010, 11:06 AM

Please only ask once, I deleted your other post.

What type of system is it, a monitored system that is wired in, or one of the 15 dollar hook on the wll units.

Is it happening at certain times,

Jan 17, 2010, 11:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    please only ask once, I deleted your other post.

what type of system is it, a monitored system that is wired in, or one of the 15 dollar hook on the wll units.

Is it happening at certain times, ?

Hi, They're not monitored they are a in built system that the builder put in. We did have ADT but they did not put in the actual system. Funny you should ask the time question because they went off about 10 minutes ago. They used to go off in the early morning now it is whenever.
    Dawn
    HBF Posts: 86, Reputation: 4

Jan 17, 2010, 11:42 AM

That happened to me once. They all went off during a snow storm when I opened the gargage door to start shoveling. Scared the living daylights out of me. I assumed it was because of the cold. We have the same system as you. All the detectors are wired together to a system but it is not monitored and used to be by ADT as well. It has not happened since so we didn't research it any further. Are any of yours getting hit by some cold air? The one in the garage was the culprit.

Jan 17, 2010, 11:45 AM

I'm not sure. I will have to check the one in the garage. I never though of that one. Thanks
    thatlockguy Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jan 17, 2010, 12:59 PM

If it was in the morning, is there a detector near your bathroom (i.e. steam from the shower). Look at the age of the detectors and the type (p.e. or ionization), which act differently. Try to eliminate sources by bagging your detectors, one by one and seeing what sets them off. Just don't leave the bags on or they'll be rendered ineffective.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fire alarm code section [ 2 Answers ]

I would like to know the fire alarm code section on the color red on the couduit body?in the nec. 2008 edtion, thanks

Fire Alarm System [ 6 Answers ]

Tell me the fire alarm system deisgn guide for me

Smoke / Fire Alarm in Kitchen [ 4 Answers ]

Hi. One of the smartest things I did in my addition / remodel project was to install hardwired, interconnected smoke / CO detectors throughout the house. One of the dumbest things I did was put one in my kitchen. Naturally it goes off anytime the oven is used. If I move the kitchen (1st...

Fire alarm [ 7 Answers ]

What is the principle difference between class A and class B fire alarm wiring

Fire Alarm [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, About 3 days ago, a new fire alarm was installed in my condo unit. In the process, the technician turned off the breaker for the central AC unit. Yesterday I decided to turn on my air conditioner (the breaker was still off). I noticed that the guy turned off the breaker while the AC was...

View more questions Search