Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AaronWrestle Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 17, 2010, 04:21 AM
    Losing Weight - 16yo boy
    Okay first off I'm a 5foot6 sophomore in high school.

I wrestle on my varsity team at 119lbs. I only cut down from my normal weight of about 128 pounds. That's not really much. My weight decent plan tells me I can go to 110 pounds.

We only have 35% of the season left, but I am currently 122 lbs.

If I got to 112, I could have a 2lb weight allowance and wrestle 114.

I don't want to wrestle at 119 because I'm tired of being in such good of shape, and still having kids be almost 2x my size, its unreal and breaks my spirit.

I heard of putting on layers of sweats and getting in hot shower to lose weight, and of course not eating and blah blah what not.

I need to lose weight fast, ill have to eat at least 500 calories every 2 days. I get hungry easily and its hard for me to manage.

How can I lose 10 pounds?

What are good weight cutting exercises? My school has terrible coaching, no trainers, nothing special so I need to do this on my own.
    Eileen G Posts: 1,571, Reputation: 286
    Ultra Member

Jan 17, 2010, 03:13 PM

To start with, be realistic, you can't go too low or you will lose all fitness. At 5'6", 110 is just stupid.

500 cals in two days is crazy low. You can't fight on that level.

My local taekwondo club is full of champions, they always take home medals from the World and European championships. What they do is to use carb cycling to drop weight to make their class without affecting fighting ability. This means that they eat mostly low carb (so no cereals, bread, sugar, pasta, rice, cake, soda, cookies etc) They base meals on eggs, oily fish, fresh meat and some green vegetables.

Then, before each workout, they eat a small carb meal, something like oatmeal or brown rice, enough to supply energy for the training session. After the workout, they'll have a small protein and carb meal, then it's back to low carb.

Eating that way, they can drop about 5lb or more of water weight, but without risking their health or fighting ability.
    AaronWrestle Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 17, 2010, 10:03 PM

Im sure id be tired at first.
    My weight decent plan allows 110 lbs thought. My body fat was enough for it.
    animalsrule466 Posts: 3, Reputation: 0

Apr 7, 2010, 05:48 PM

Try running for a while or going into other things or go swimin or somthin lik that
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 7, 2010, 06:03 PM

So you have to start doing it at a higher weight class, change class , don't harm your health to be in a class you are not suppose to be in because you are growing up, getting taller and should weigh more

If yoiur coach is telling you to lose this weight at risk of your health he is a disgrace to his profession, Your well being should be his first concern
    pmera Posts: 34, Reputation: 3

Apr 9, 2010, 01:01 PM

If your weight is 110 or 119 you nead to eat 1190 approximately just to maintain that weight without doing any activity. If your trying to lean down, Google search how a body builder or boxer leans out for a competition using protein and veg only - eating clean, you will eat so much brocoli chicken and spinach you will be happy when its over. Give yourself an energy boost like suggested above just before competition and just before training sessions, and follow all sessions with protein shake. If you need more information let me know and I'll try to pull some sites for you.
    kiwi21 Posts: 21, Reputation: 2

Apr 13, 2010, 12:28 AM

Ok... Dont eat anything say after 7pm at night. Then first thing in the morn on an empty stomach do 30-40mins of continuous cardio, at low or mid intensity, the trick is to stay continuous(not stopping) and doing it on an empty stomach after not eating past 7pm or whatever time you choose. This can be done everyday.

I was in a rush and didn't see your age please read post below
    kiwi21 Posts: 21, Reputation: 2

Apr 13, 2010, 02:54 AM

Man I just saw you are only 16 and five foot six, dude don't worry about losing weight you need to eat well cause you have not finished growing yet and you don't want to stunt your growth. You will proberly find that you will grow into your division, boys don't stop growing until they are 18 some even later so stay healthy eat lots and don't stunt your growth.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Losing weight [ 52 Answers ]

Heyy :D I'm 14 and I am 7st 13 , I want to lose some weight. I have been eating only my tea , skipping all other meals and snacks , but I have to eat my tea so my mum doesn't find out. Will I lose weight if this is what I am doing ?

Losing weight [ 15 Answers ]

Hello, I'm 14, about 5'7. A little overweight. I weigh about 180. I do have a lot of muscle on me, but there is some fat around my face, chest, stomach, thighs, (everywhere) :p I really am not that "fat". But, I am kind of a couch potato and do eat a lot. What are some good meals that I can eat,...

Losing weight! :) [ 1 Answers ]

I have been walking briskly for 2 weeks and have lost 8 pounds (down to 135):D I have also been eating healtier, which definetlly has been working. I still have these "love handles" that I would love to get rid of, (leaving to go to the beach for Memorial Day weekend) I know there is no spot...

Not losing weight [ 4 Answers ]

I 5'11, weigh 232lbs trying to get to 185lbs. 45 yrs old male... my bmi is 32 My supplements are : mens vitmins, hydroxcut, flax seed tablets, fish oil tablets, fiber tablets.. My daily calories are 1200, but I burn off 900-1700 calories daily walking up to 30 min -1 hr I drink approx 5...

Losing too much weight! [ 4 Answers ]

Ive always been a skinny girl, like most in my family. Ive had two children which was the only times Ive ever gained weight. I love to eat, but never gain a pound, which is good, but normaly Im a size 5, pretty small. Now Im going down to a size 3 which I haven't been since middle school and Im now...

View more questions Search