Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jimh1204 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2010, 09:08 AM
    2004 trailblazer speedometer sensor
    Yesterday the speedometer stopped functioning properly. It has dropped completely out of the numeric range and sporadicly shows a false speed. I contacted a dealer and they said it will cost around $550 to correct. They claim it was a senser. Can I just replace the speedometer? Is there a sensor that needs replaced? Do I have to replace the whole instrument cluster?
    Please advise
    Jim
    jimh1204 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2010, 09:14 AM
    2004 trailblazer speedometer sensor
    My 2004 Trailblazers speedometer went out. Can I replace the speedometer only or does the entire gauge cluster have to be replaced. Is there a sensor that has to be replaced or reset separate from the actual unit?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jan 16, 2010, 09:17 AM

Try replacing the Variable Speed Sensor (VSS), located on the transmission, first.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2004 Sunfire speedometer not working [ 13 Answers ]

I have a 2004 Pontiac Sunfire, and this morning the speedometer stopped working properly. When I am completely stopped it now reads 25mph. All other gauges work fine. For the past 2 weeks the needle on the speedometer has been sticking. For example if I was going 60 and accelerated to 70 instead of...

Speedometer not working had replaced the speed sensor and still does not work [ 2 Answers ]

Speedometer spot working while driving I replaced the speed sensor on the rear diferential but did not fixed and I purchased the vss sensor but I could not find the spot on the transmision according to ford

2004 trailblazer speedometer does not work [ 1 Answers ]

My 2004 Chevrolet Trailblazer speedometer and tachometer has stopped working. I'm nervous about taking it to a dealership as I have heard about $600+ cluster repairs. Any ideas on the solution to the problem? Thanks.

Trailblazer speedometer problems [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 2004 chevy trailblazer ext with 90000 miles... The speedometer has messed up... bought a used one out of a junk yard.. put it in and it lasted a day... speed hung at 80mph.. what is causing the problem with the speedometer... how would I fix this don't want to buy another one and have it...

2004 trailblazer speedometer problem [ 1 Answers ]

My 2004 trailblazer speedometer will not go to 0 nor will it track the speed. I have changed the speed sensor on the transmission but it still is not working. What is the next step to resovle the problem?

View more questions Search