Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    beberoberts Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2010, 03:38 AM
    Why did the mortician leave dead body's mouth wide open
    Saw my father in law in his coffin yesterday 2 hours before burial, he died from aspiration of blood and stomach contents. I was shocked to see his eyes not closed completely and most shockingly his mouth wide open and his legs under the shroud seemed NOT to be there almost as if had been amputated he appeared to have shrunk to about 3/4's of his size. He died in hospital exactly a week before we had to wait 4 days to obtain death certificate because doctors had not signed the paperwork necessary for us to obtain green form for undertaker to collect his body. Could you answer these questions for us please. Bebe Roberts email EMAIL REMOVED FOR PRIVACY
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

Feb 23, 2010, 11:04 AM

Your description seems to fit an arriving body not one ready for burial. I suggest you contact the hospital where he died, they are the agency that would have performed the autopsy and will have photos that were taken during same. Relatives have the right to view these results.
    tool8er Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Apr 17, 2010, 11:06 PM

Yes to DrBill... was your description of the body right before burial? If so... not only was the body not ready for burial... not ready for viewing. Sounds as if this was rigor mortis then he may have passed away from aspiration like you stated because he seemed to have died in kussmauls respirations (agonal), I've seen this way too many times having worked in numerous ICU's.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The wide-mouth frog [ 3 Answers ]

Actions need to be done while reading out loud: the wide-mouth frog There once was a wide-mouth frog that lived not far from here who one day decided to leave his pond and explore the world. On the way he met a large four-legged black and white animal with two horns, and Said (stretch...

How long birds mouth cutting rafters on 4/12 pitch 10' 1" wide [ 1 Answers ]

how long and angle to cut rafters on 4/12 pitch 10'1" wide and were to put the birdmouth how long and deep I using 2x4 for rafters 2x6 at peck

Port Wide Open [ 5 Answers ]

Hi-- Just did a scan on my computer for ports--I have one that is wide open--How do I go about closing it?-Thanks

View more questions Search