Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rahimiq Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2010, 01:35 AM
    Bitlocker decrypting failure external HDD
    Hi guys,

I encrpted my external hard drive with bitlocker windows 7, but when I saw which my HDD is not accessible in the some computers with other operaing systems, I thought of decrypting the data. I did but during the process of decrypting one of my friend unpluged the HDD from USB, now I can't access my data in HDD, it is not accepting the bitlocker password, and the bitlocker recovery key.

Thanks a lot,
    InfoJunkie4Life Posts: 1,409, Reputation: 81
    Ultra Member

Jan 16, 2010, 10:56 PM
    It is only partially decrypted. Probably partially corrupted. You may be able to save some data using a low level hard drive scanner. Anything else will have to be done by a professional. Even then, you will probably loose some data.

Call the company who's software you used, they may be able to help the recovery, or at least recommend something.

Good Luck...
    rahimiq Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2010, 04:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by InfoJunkie4Life View Post
    It is only partially decrypted. Probably partially corrupted. You may be able to save some data using a low level hard drive scanner. Anything else will have to be done by a professional. Even then, you will probably loose some data.

Call the company who's software you used, they may be able to help the recovery, or at least recommend something.

Good Luck...
    Thanks with your nice comment,,

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sata external HDD not seen by computer [ 1 Answers ]

I have a new computer with a sata hard drive installed. I am trying to connect and external sata hard drive to the USB 2 port, but it is not seen in My Computer or Windows Explorer. It also came with an e-sata connection which I have not used. Am I not doing something right? >Moved from Forum...

External HDD recognized but not accessible [ 4 Answers ]

I was trying to backup my complete c: system drive to an external HDD using Nero 7. After a couple of hours it crashed, unfortunately unable to read the error message. I have had on occasion the "Delayed write failed....." error so assumed the crash was something to do with that. Now, when I try ro...

USB External 2.5" HDD [ 3 Answers ]

G'day there. I have a USB 2.5" Laptop external case with my back up stuff I use at TAFE College. Been working fine, no probs. I have loaded Mojo onto it as I can load Office 2007 and use it on the pc's at class time instead of Office 2003. One day I plugged it in and nothing, wouldn't show up but...

External HDD use in diff. OS [ 10 Answers ]

I can join external HDD using USB port in my Windows XP system but when I tried to join it in a Windows 98 system (after installation of its driver) it does not work. Can you please guide me steps to joint this in Windows 98 system. In my XP system, it works fine. Second question is that I...

IDE HDD 3.5" external [ 4 Answers ]

I have an external HDD for storing movies, I think I must have two sections ( or more) to my HDD since when I go to load a movie it tells me that it is already there... but I cannot find it. Sometimes the drive letter changes on it own. And also I cannot get the movie. Can some one tell me...

View more questions Search