Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Green Elephant Posts: 106, Reputation: 8

Jan 15, 2010, 04:56 PM
    Audio book suggestions
    I was just wondering if anyone here had any suggestions on how to go about getting audio books.

I've downloaded a couple torrents, so I can listen to them while at work and I don't have all the time in the world to read.

But a lot of books just don't have torrents... So I was wondering if anyone knew of any audio book websites, or is it worth buying them from barnes and noble?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jan 15, 2010, 05:21 PM

See if your local library has a link to one of the larger libraries. I live in Ohio and I have downloaded many audio books from the Cleveland Library. I then burn them to CD's and listen to them in my car or computer at work using headphones. If I can't use my work computer I just use a portable CD player instead.

The best part is the audio books you get from the library are free versus you have to buy them. And they have a lot of new books on their site as well. Just about anything you wish is there if you wait long enough.

You could call your local library and see just which site would be available to you if you are a local library card holder. This is one of the prerequisites of using the Cleveland site - that you are a library card holder in their system. Costs nothing except the time it takes to fill out the card at the local library. I can even renew my card via phone.
    Green Elephant Posts: 106, Reputation: 8

Jan 24, 2010, 02:27 PM
    OK,

I checked out my local library, and they have an extremely low variety of audio books, and the ones they have all seem from books written from the early 1900's.

Any other suggestions would have course be appreciated.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Book suggestions [ 12 Answers ]

I LOVE to read. Any kind of books, but my most favorite are fantasy, and mystery. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Book Suggestions? [ 8 Answers ]

Any good books you would suggest? I like fantasy and realisitc drama! Give me some ideas!:):confused:

Is there a audio book for A Certain Ambiguity: A Mathematical Novel . [ 4 Answers ]

Hi Everyone I want to know is there a audio book for A Certain Ambiguity: A Mathematical Novel by Gaurav Suri & Hartosh Singh Bal Tell me where to download or buy online if you know. Thanks a lot

View more questions Search