Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Jan 20, 2014, 09:35 AM
    Ingecuadar:

Like the earlier posters, you too will owe the IRS money in the amount of $2,053, which includes a $30 under-payment penalty.

You also owe Louisiana $202.

If you need professional help filing, please email me at the email address in my profile.
    Senior Tax Expert

Jan 29, 2014, 12:57 PM
    You will need to file Forms 1040NR-EZ and 8843 for the FEDERAL return and the state tax return for whichever state where you WORKED in the summer.

You will get at least $1,488 frm the IRS if this was your only income. To be more precise, I need to know your home country.

For the state refund, I need to know the state.

If you want my professional help filing these returns, please email me at the email address in my profile.
    j3psky Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2014, 10:05 PM
    I am from the Philippines, single, and no dependents. I started working as an OPT on January 2013 and ended October 2013. I worked in New Jersey. This was my very first work and only source of income at that time. My total wage: $44,241.01 Federal income tax withheld $7,418.07 SS tax withheld: $2,742.94 Medicare Tax withheld: $641.49 State Income Tax: 1,416.76. I am wondering if I will owe or get a tax return from the IRS and the state.

Thank you so much in advance!
    Senior Tax Expert

Feb 1, 2014, 08:25 AM
    Already answered via email.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

F1 Student(cpt) to F1 (opt) to H1b. [ 1 Answers ]

I am from India. I was a F1 student in Texas this year till May. During that time I was a full time student and worked on CPT in a firm . Then I applied for my OPt and moved to WA. Due to delay I was able to start working on my OPT from sep 15th. On OCT 31 my H1b Kicked in. I have the...

F-1 student OPT and FICA tax refund [ 6 Answers ]

Thanks for taking the time to help out. I am a student on an F-1 student visa, currently on OPT and planning on filing for an OPT extension under the STEM rule. Under OPT, both social security and medicare taxes have been withheld. I have been in the US since 2001 as a non-resident alien,...

F1 Student on CPT/OPT Tax filing [ 9 Answers ]

I am an alien resident now on F1 visa status. In summer of 2008, I worked as an intern in a out of state company and received about $7800 payment. I have just graduated in Dec 2008 and now on OPT status and will have internship in the same state that I previously interned. The internship company...

Taxes for F1 student worked in CPT & OPT [ 1 Answers ]

I am an Indian student worked full time during CPT(Curricular Practical Training) and OPT for almost an year. I worked as an independent contractor for the entire time. I made around $97,000 which is now reported on the 1099-misc form. I will be filing 1040NR and Schedule C. I have also incurred...

View more questions Search