Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    islandzgirl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 15, 2010, 12:57 PM
    Shower drain leaks. I have poured water down the drain to living room help
    I noticed a tiny hole in my drywall and a water stain on the ceiling and a constant drip from the ceiling, even when the shower is not in use. I did a test by pouring water down the shower drain, and it immediately went through to below. Also, my shower head and leaks constantly. Any help to what I can do to solve this, and what is going on here? Thank you
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jan 16, 2010, 12:22 PM

You have two problems. Let's work on the drainage first. Cut a square section of ceiling out and save it. (You will use it as a patch later.)
    Now watch the drain and trap while someone pours water down the drain. Take a wad of TP and tell me the highest point that you pick up moisture. Let me know , Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Attaching new PVC Shower drain to existing 2" Cast Iron pipe in poured slab. [ 1 Answers ]

Background: 1. Demo'd old (1962?) master bath shower (5'x3.5') down to the slab/studs. 2. Tried to get old cast iron shower trap out, but 2" drain line was so brittle that it broke off where it was inside the cast iron shower drain(see pic 2), which looks like it was leaded onto the 2". So. I...

Basement shower drain leaks [ 3 Answers ]

When the plumber installed a shower in my basement, the p-trap did not align directly with the drain of the shower. The plumber added a rubber connector with hose clamps to deal with this offset. This worked fine for a few years. However, recently the shower drain leaks. I am guessing that the...

Shower drain water pouring out drain for washer [ 1 Answers ]

When my shower is running it pours out my washing machine drain. What could be ?

New shower drain leaks [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, looking for some expert plumbing advice... My new showewr drain leaks around the exterior of the drain between the grout and the drain itself. I have torn out the tiles around the drain and now need to seal the drain to the floor and seal it up to the tiles to prevent the leakage. (does...

Standing Shower Drain Leaks [ 3 Answers ]

Hi: I read few articles about how to fix the shower drain leaks. I guess some experts suggested to use WingTite. I think the rubber gasket and the threaded top cover is what is causing the leak. The threaded holder seems a bit bigger than the hole of the shower drain itself and I don't know how...

View more questions Search