Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    starks1089 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 15, 2010, 11:44 AM
    My girlfriend told me she got sexually abused, is she lying?
    OK well let me start from the beginning. Me and my girlfriend have been dating for 4 years now and she has told me her step father had sexually abused her at the age of 7, We have talked a lot about it and we are stronger from it. Now about a week and a half ago she had told me she cheated on me after getting drunk I was so pissed I immediately broke up with her. Now yesterday she told me that she was sexually abused by this guy and that she didn't want to cheat on me and that she didn't get drunk she only had a little bit of alcohol and she doesn't remember what happened because she blacked out when he came into her room. I don't know if I should believe her I understand it is a serious issue and if true I shouldn't doubt it but her story had such a drastic change to it I don't know if I should believe it. We had already had sex since then and she did not seem bothered by it which I though she would be because she is a very emotional girl and doesn't let things like that not affect her heavily. I need help I'm having a hard time falling asleep since she told me and I am not getting better it gets worse everyday and I feel like Iam going to go crazy.
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

Jan 15, 2010, 12:11 PM
    Only she knows if she's lying-I do,however, find it odd that she changed her story to a more 'acceptable' one.

Personally, I think when there is no trust,there is not a real relationship.

Whether to stay broken up is your decision-nobody else can make it for you.
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Jan 15, 2010, 12:41 PM

Trust your instincts. If you can't find it in yourself to believe her, then maybe it's time to go your separate ways.

No need to rush into a decision right away, give it some time to digest and process all this information.
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Jan 15, 2010, 10:54 PM

It is possible that her drink could have been tampered with. Date rape drugs such as Rohypnol are specifically used for sexual assault.

It does not stay in the system long, and a urine sample can determine if it is in her system.

It is important that if a sexual assault is is a possibility, she needs to report it, and get checked at the Doctor's.

She could be telling the truth.
    friend4u178 Posts: 3,349, Reputation: 1584
    Ultra Member

Jan 15, 2010, 11:05 PM

I find it strange she wouldn't have just told you she was "raped" in the 1st place?

If I was in your shoes I'd say OK tell me who this guy is and then you file charges against him. If she's not willing to do that I'd be even more suspicious.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My girlfriend was sexually abused by her father as a child [ 4 Answers ]

I am 16 years old. I am currently in a long distance relationship with this girl. The other day I just found out that she was sexually abused by her father. This came as a shock to me even though she told me stories of her father had trouble with the police about this.I don't know how to put this...

Found out my girlfriend was sexually abused, what should I do? [ 12 Answers ]

My girlfriend and I were talking last night, and we got to the subject of sex. She said she was afraid to go any farther than kissing, and I told her that was OK, because I didn't want to go any farther either. I could tell that something was bothering her, and I asked her what was the matter. She...

A sexually abused child? [ 2 Answers ]

What do I do if I suspected a family member has sexually abused my son? He is only 4 and has had a complete turn around in his personality and has many of the behavioral signs. I ask him about it and he doesn't tell me anythingDoes anyone know the first step to get help? I'm not sure if it is...

Was I sexually abused? [ 13 Answers ]

When I was about 13 or 14 years old a male cousin who is nine years older than me fondled me. I really struggle with was I molested. I know that age of consent in my state is 16, but I feel guilty because I just laid there and did not fight back. I now have anxiety issues and no libido with my...

Sexually abused [ 4 Answers ]

My boyfriend was sexually abused when he was young and now he seems to think that its his fault. He hasn't talked to anyone about it. How do I help him?:confused:

View more questions Search