Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    younisseven Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 15, 2010, 10:29 AM
    What is 277volt single phase connection and how to connect control switch
    I have to install a hepa filter which is 277 volts I need to istall a receptacle and control switch how can I do it while 1 have 3 phase 110/208v supply also I have 3 phase 480volts. How I will have 277 volts single phase line?
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Jan 15, 2010, 12:46 PM
    You need to check the 480 Volt 3 phase system to see if it is a 4 wire system, which most likely it is. A 4 wire 480 Volt system will have a neutral, and any one phase to neutral will provide the 277 volts your looking for.

If the neutral does not exist, a transformer will be needed

I do need to caution you, that if you have to ask a question like this, your clearly not experienced or knowledgeable about electrical systems, or the trade, and should hire a qualified electrician to install this circuit.

DO NOT, under any circumstances, open the 480 Volt panel while it is energized.

480 Volts takes no prisoners.
    14u2c Posts: 34, Reputation: 1

Jan 19, 2010, 04:43 PM

Yes sir like the pro said 480 v don't play!! You get shocked by it you will be lucky to survive.. but read the label on the device real carefully does it say 277 v max or just 277v only?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

480/277volt 3 phase panel how many amps can it handle [ 20 Answers ]

Trying to calculate how many amps a 480/277volt 3phase 200 amp panel can handle total,is it 200 amps each leg or 200 all together would like a simple answer please

Can three single phase loads be driven individually by single three phase supply [ 2 Answers ]

Hi... I am new this community... You are doing great job of knowledge transfer... My question: Can three single phase loads be driven individually by single three phase supply? Please clear my doubt... :confused:

Trying to connect a light, single pole switch, receptacle and a line furhter down [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to figure out how to connect a light, single pole switch, receptacle and a line that goes to another room. The "hot" is coming into a rectangular box for the light fixture. I can figure out how to get constant power to the receptacle and the room further down the line, I am having...

How do you usually connect three single phase loads to a three phase generator? [ 2 Answers ]

How do you usually connect three single phase loads to a three phase electric generator?:)

208 volt3 phase why to single phase 120 volt [ 4 Answers ]

Supply is from 75 kva transformer, 3 phase delta /y three wire feeding a 30 amp breaker. 100 feet down stream is a junction box that I want to tap and produce a 120 v single phase ( 20 amp CB) supply. The junction box feeds a 6 amp motor

View more questions Search