Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dhar_India Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 14, 2010, 08:42 PM
    A ball in flight is recorded and analyzed using digital video analysis software. The
    A ball in flight is recorded and analyzed using digital video analysis software. The analysis produced the result that the ball had a horizontal speed of 1.20 m/s. In the analysis, a stick was used as a calibration standard, and it was believed that the stick was 1.0 m long. However, after the analysis was done, it was discovered that the stick was actually 0.70 m long.
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Jan 16, 2010, 12:45 AM

Hmm, your question?

The real speed of the ball?

Well, if so, you know the 'analysed' speed and the 'assumed distance'. You can find the actual time taken, since that cannot be false.

Then, you know the real distance and real time taken, find the real speed.

Both making use of the formula and rearranging correspondingly.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Requesting analysis of video taken [ 4 Answers ]

Hello my name is Adam, and I am the founder of Midwest Paranormal Investigations. During an investigation we had conducted on May 11th 2008 in Alton, IL where we captured something on video that we are unable to identify. The video was captured on an infrared night vision camera, and at the time...

Video software [ 1 Answers ]

There is a vedio software being used on utube, this software shows words in the foreground with words streaming by in the background. What is the name of this software? I have seen it used more than once on utube. Please help!!

Digital camera software and photos [ 7 Answers ]

I recently purchased a digital camera. I loaded the camera software into my computer without a hitch. I was also able to download the pictures from the camera onto the computer without a hitch. I am trying to send some of the pics by email. I accessed the software, I saw all my pictures, but...

HARD! Cannon ball flight [ 1 Answers ]

Assume you are a Medieval knight attacking a castle with a cannon. The ball leaves the cannon with a speed of 38.9 m/s. The barrel's angle with respect to the ground is 45.9°, and you make a perfect hit on the tyrant's chamber which is at the same level as the cannon's muzzle. What is the time of...

Who has seen white ball in the digital camera [ 1 Answers ]

I have lost my daughter in a accient and went the family gets together in the digital Camera there always a nice white ball in figures . Can some tell me if anyone has seen this or knows to happen to others

View more questions Search