Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    heysunshine144 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 14, 2010, 05:24 PM
    Is there a numbing spray you can buy for piercings?
    I'm getting my tongue pierced and I know there is numbing spray I just don't know if I can buy it
    hheath541 Posts: 2,762, Reputation: 584
    Experts

Jan 15, 2010, 12:48 AM

Why not just use oragel? It's meant for oral use, so you know it's safe for ingestion and shouldn't irritate the piercing.

You should talk to your piercer before using it, though.

Eating ice cream can help keep the pain and swelling down afterward.
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Jan 15, 2010, 02:47 AM

No there is nothing that will numb your tongue enough for a piercing not to hurt.

Most numbing creams and sprays need to stay on the area for up to 2 hours... I doubt you could hold your tongue out for that long for it to be effective, and even then they only numb to a certain depth, that's why they are used for tattoos.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Numbing spray for tattoos/piercings. [ 16 Answers ]

Ok, first I must say WOW--this forum has almost completely been taken over by translations for sanskrit. Anywhoozers... I was wondering if I were going to get a tattoo or piercing would numbing spray be able to be used?

Numbing gel or spray for tattoos [ 1 Answers ]

now before you all start saying if you don't go through the pain then you don't deserve the ink id like you to know that i can't stand any kind of pain thats why i refuse to go through childbirth im just too chicken. However i would like to get a tattoo but its not a life or death situation im not...

Numbing creams for tatooing [ 2 Answers ]

I need to know where to get novacaine gel for tatoos could someone help me out?

View more questions Search