Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    birdseyereview Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 14, 2010, 04:54 PM
    Banking laws Texas
    THREADS MERGED

Some banks in Texas, will not cash a check written on that bank at the drive up window, if you do not have a account with that bank. You must go inside the bank with Id etc. during inside banking hours. Is this requirement legal ? I collected a check late one after noon while working in a city close to mine. I like to cash such checks before I leave town to in sure they cash. After 5pm I could not cash the check at the window. After the weekend, was over the funds were no longer there and I was back home.
    birdseyereview Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 14, 2010, 05:01 PM
    Banking laws Texas
    A Texas bank I do not have an account with requires that I pay a $5.00 fee to cash a check written on their bank if it is from a business account. The check says pay to the order of " My Name " and gives the amount. Is this legal?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jan 14, 2010, 05:30 PM

Please do not post more than once about the same - in general - problem.

Yes, this is completely legal. You have the option of cashing the check somewhere else instead of paying the fee.

Check Cashing Answers from the OCC
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jan 14, 2010, 05:31 PM

Yes, it's legal - the window is simply for customer convenience, not a requirement. This should be combined with your other question which (I assume) is about the same transaction.

Check Cashing Answers from the OCC

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What are pot laws like in Texas? [ 2 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me what the laws are regarding possession of marijuana in Texas?

Texas laws [ 2 Answers ]

I am hoping to confirm laws pertaining to riding 4 wheelers on beach and state park areas in Texas

What is the laws in Texas [ 2 Answers ]

My daughter had a baby by a boy in 2007. Since 2007 he only comes to see the child about every 3-6 months. He decided about 2 or 3 months ago to hook up with a "girl friend" and move approx 8-10 hours away (still same state). He has never supported the baby in anyway financially or emotionally. ...

Interstate Banking Laws [ 6 Answers ]

I am being sued by an attorney for a debt to Capital One in New York State. The original complaint (no proof of service) states that Capital One is governed by the laws of Virginia. The last transaction on the account was Sept. 2003. I have not acknowledged this debt, and have filed answer as...

Judgement laws in Texas [ 1 Answers ]

Laws in Texas concerning judgements, on credit cards and auto repossession Is spouse held responsible for out standing debts of husband? Hl10

View more questions Search