Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stephcas1987 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 14, 2010, 03:02 PM
    Kittens cranial area of head has swollen, hasn't been fighting, Please help!
    My kittens face has swollen dramatically in the last hour, mostly the cranial area. We have another cat but they have not been fighting. Please help.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 14, 2010, 03:14 PM

Take this kitten to the vet IMMEDIATELY!

Jan 14, 2010, 03:20 PM
    Its 22.00 here at the moment so that's not possible.
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Jan 14, 2010, 03:28 PM

Is there an out of hours number,ring and see if there is a message.

There is usually a vet on call in most areas.

Jan 14, 2010, 03:33 PM

He's not at all lethargic, he's purring and after cuddles, and chasing his girlfriend around the room. Have you ever experienced anything like this. I've had cats all my life and never had any problems other than from the local mangy tom causing havoc.
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Jan 14, 2010, 03:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by stephcas1987 View Post
    My kittens face has swollen dramatically in the last hour, mostly the cranial area. We have another cat but they have not been fighting. Please help.
    The urgency of this post would have posters assume that this animal is in dire need of a vets attention.

But now the cat is fine and purring and playing!

I still think the cat should be seen by a vet to rule out a trauma to the face or head,that may result in the cat being in pain later on.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kittens bulging navel and swollen genitals [ 2 Answers ]

Month old kitten has bulging navel and swollen genitals. This kitten & 2 litter mates were abandoned. I have been bottle feeding kitten formula & rubbing genitals to get them to excrete body fluids.

My Kittens eye is swollen. [ 6 Answers ]

My 3 month old kittens eye is swollen and red, to the point he can't open his eye. He is an indoor Kitten and never has been outside. We just recently (about 2 weeks ago) got another kitten that's about a month old, they have been the best of friends. He has been happy go lucky until today. Early...

2 week old kittens swollen shut eye [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 2 week old kitten that one of its eyes is just opened and the other one is very swollen shut and has crusty stuff on the eyelid what can I do?

Swollen urine area [ 1 Answers ]

I have an 8 month old puppy. The area where she urinates is swollen. What might be the cause of this?

Help with fighting kittens [ 2 Answers ]

I have 3 kittens, 2 females and 1 male. They are all 3 months old and from the same litter. The male was sick for 2 weeks and was not allowed to be near the females. Today the vet gave me the go ahead to put them all together again. I was expecting a happy reunion, but that's not what happened! 1...

View more questions Search