Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Marie1107 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 14, 2010, 12:29 PM
    Why is my period lasting so long after birth control
    I usually have regular period- 3-5 days . However I recently insert mirena and now my period is lasting 2 weeks. Why?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 14, 2010, 12:35 PM
    It takes a while for your body to adjust to the hormones in the Mirena. Lengthy bleeding is a side effect of the Mirena when newly inserted.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why is my period lasting so long? [ 1 Answers ]

Usually my periods were the normal, 4 or 5 days but in November it lasted 8 days and in December it was 12 days. Is there any reason why its been lasting so long?

Period lasting too long [ 1 Answers ]

I am 25 years old and in good health. I am on birth control and have been since I was 16 because of irregular periods. I have been on my period for 17 days now and show no sign of stopping. Even when I was younger and had irregular periods, they have never lasted this long. I did take the Plan B...

Is my period lasting to long? [ 6 Answers ]

Today is my 4th day on my 1st period and it is showing no signs of slowing down or stopping. Everybody I've asked says it starts slowing down around the 4th and 5th day but mine isn't! Am I OK?? :confused:

Period lasting so long [ 1 Answers ]

Ok I went to the doctor and I figured out why my period was lasting so long. Now it stopped but I am now having a lot of discharge. The last time that happened I had a yeast build up now I can't keep going through this. I want to be free of all prolonged leakage. Can someone tell me what's going on...

View more questions Search