Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    03_Accord_EXLV6 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 14, 2010, 08:17 AM
    Honda Accord 2003 EXL V6 stereo cycles through FM1 FM2 AM repeatedly
    My 2003 Honda Accord EX-L V6 is a great car with a bad stereo. I've read and experienced the back light problem, which my dealer replaced at no charge. The problem I am experiencing goes beyond that however. When the car (and stereo) is turned on the system cycles through FM1, FM2, and AM repeatedly about 4 - 5 times. While it does this the only functions that work are volume and stereo on/off. While it is cycling you can't change modes or stations until it finishes its cycle. I could live with that. However usually during longer trips (>30 mins) if the car is shut off and then restarted it starts cycling through the modes and will not stop unless you hit the power button or turn off the car so the stereo has to be shut off. If the car is left turned off for 20 - 30 minutes and then restarted the stereo will cycle 4 or 5 times and then you can use it again.

LASTLY, I drove it for a year with the backlight out before getting it replaced and during that period it would do the 4 - 5 times cycling but never got stuck in the cycle as previously mentioned. Only BEFORE the back light went out and AFTER it was replaced/fixed under warranty did it get stuck cycling between modes. The dealer said he was happy to fix the back light since it was a warranty issue but he hadn't heard of anything like I was experiencing and if the warren y back light repair didn't take care of it I was probably looking at buying a new radio. Any one else experience their stereo cycling through AM/FM uncontrollably?

Check out some similar questions!

Honda accord 2004 stereo [ 1 Answers ]

My honda accord 2004 stereo lights are out.car dark at night.I live in nigeria and wonder how I can fix or replace them.thanks

Problems with 2003 Honda Accord stereo [ 1 Answers ]

CD changer shows an "ERROR" when I attempt to put a CD in. It will not take the CD and nothing plays. Help!!

Replacing 99 Honda Accord stereo system [ 3 Answers ]

I wanted to know the specifics how to replace the stereo system on my 99 Honda Accord. Any car master out here can help how to do it? I'll highly appreciates it! TIA!

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.