Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mikegadv Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 13, 2010, 06:40 PM
    Kenmore Elite Washer 110.24942301 won't agitate on slow speed
    I have a Kenmore Elite Washer (model # 110.24942301) that was just dead. A repairman did troubleshooting and found that it was the water level (pressure) control. He replaced it. With that solved, we tried to wash on the NORMAL setting (Slow Agitation and Fast Spin). The agitation starts for 15 seconds and cuts off. After about 30 seconds, it will start again and cut-off after 15 seconds. This will continue. If I change the agitation to FAST, then it agitates fine.

Could this be the "SPEEDS" switch (part # 3954573) or is it the motor?

Certainly the switch is cost effective to repair, while if it's the motor I'm leaning to purchasing a new unit.

Thanks in advance,

MEG
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Jan 13, 2010, 07:27 PM

Without looking at anything. Parts & Accessories | Shop & Find Lawn & Garden, Appliance Parts at Sears PartsDirect | SearsPartsDirect.com should have the diagram.

The on/off cycling to me indicates a possible thermal overload tripping.

When it cuts out on slow spped and you switch to high right when it turns off, does it immediately start agitating on high or do you have to wait for the end of the off period?
    mikegadv Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 15, 2010, 09:17 AM
    Thanks for the response.

To answer you question, after it turns off on slow agitation and I move the speed knob to FAST agitation, it still waits for a few seconds (just like it does when on slow).

The difference is that when on FAST agitation it will continue without stopping until the entire cycle is complete.

Is the thermal overload tripping in the motor or is it a separate piece?

Thanks,

MEG
    I turn the swtich to NORMAL speed (slow agitation/fast spin).

It run

When I switch it from the slow agitation speed to the high, it immediately starts agitating.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore elite washer won't spin or agitate [ 11 Answers ]

I have a 5 year olf Kenmore elite washer that does not spin/agitate or pump water. Took the shell off, pump off, motor off. I left the motor connected to the wiring, tried to spin/agitate, but get no motion on motor, just a buzzing noise. Seems like the motor is bad? Is there any way to test this,...

Kenmore Elite Washer does not spin or agitate [ 3 Answers ]

Model 417.42142100. Front loading machine. Does not spin or agitate, drum will not operate. Everything else seems to work. Fills, drains, makes noise like it's working during all cycles.

Kenmore elite washer will not agitate or drain [ 1 Answers ]

My Knemore elite model number 110.20092993 will not agitate or drain. If you select drain and spin and then press select the time remaining indicator displays 9 minutes, shortly you hear a selonoid pick up but the unit will not spin. If you push cancel you will hear the selonoid relese and all...

Kenmore Elite washer won't spin\agitate\drain [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 110.20072992 that won't spin, agitate, or drain. I have walked through the diagnostic mode and get no activity except for getting water into the tub. I have scanned forums and run across possible solutions (coupling, controller board) but those are solutions for partial symptoms. I...

View more questions Search