Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rikukitten Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 13, 2010, 06:38 PM
    Chances Of getting my embezzlement charge reduced?
    Ok, so here's the story. I am 19 years old, and was a cashier at a target in California. I made the idiotic stupid mistake of stealing from my register. Not once not twice but 4 times. I took a total of $800 and I already paid back $100. I got arrested and am getting charged with embezzlement for the total of $700. My court date is scheduled for the 3rd of February. I am hoping that I am able to get off with it and it be reduced down to a misdemeanor. This is my first offence. I already have scheduled a payment plan to pay back target. Since it wasn't all at once I figured I'd ask to see if I could get charged with 4 cases of petty theft. Or at least just get a fine, community service, swap, drc, etc,. If you know anything about this stuff just leave me a message or email me or something. Let me know what you think!
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jan 13, 2010, 07:54 PM

I think you need an Attorney. I do not see you being charged with petty theft 4 times. What exactly is the charge against you? Is it a felony?

You were charged with embezzlement, not theft?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 13, 2010, 08:02 PM

I think they made a error, your theft was at least 800, not 700, it does not matter if you had paid back 100 already. The original charge should have been the full amount.

If they do a plea, I doubt it will be that, each state calls crimes different things,

Even if a fist offence on a felony normally you will get a chance for probation and a fine.

I think they will want to see what really does not show in post, that you are sorry and are learning a lesson

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Criminal Damage to Property: Charge reduced? [ 2 Answers ]

I am in the process of a nasty divorce. On April 1 my built-up anger and rage exploded in me doing damage to my soon-to-be-exhusband's condo. I put a few dents in a wall with a shoe, made a dent in the vinyl flooring in his kitchen, wrecked a TV by pulling it from the wall, and pulled 3 screens off...

How to reduced same off my hips and can they be reduced after all? [ 3 Answers ]

hi well I have have a problem with big hips same people told me they can not be reduced we I jog I tryout creams and it did not work well I don't want to be with out hips but I what to take a bit off what can I do?? :confused:

After my delevery I have reduced weight, my tummy is not reduced [ 1 Answers ]

I got my kid 1.5 yrs back I have reduced my weight, but my tummy is not reduced.

View more questions Search